four

"So, that's it? No more karate?" Demetri asks Miguel.

"I guess so." Miguel tells him.

The three teenagers look up as Rory stumbles into the library.

"Where were you?" Demetri asks as she takes her seat next to him.

"Sorry. Having an off morning." she lied.

The truth was, she didn't feel like coming to school. She knew if she saw Kyler she'd probably get expelled. But she decided to come. She needed to see Miguel, but it took her like an hour to cover all of her bruises.

"Hey. What's that on your shoulder?' Eli asked her.

Rory looked down to see a bruise on her shoulder. She quickly pulled up her jacket, covering it.

"It's nothing. Uh, how are you Miguel?" Rory tries to change the subject.

"I mean, I got the living shit beat out of me, but besides that, I'm fine." he tells her.

"Maybe it's a good thing that you don't do karate anymore." Demetri tells Miguel.

"You're not doing karate?" Rory asks, and Miguel shook his head 'no'.

"It was starting to boost your confidence." Demetri says.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Miguel asks.

"No. What has confidence ever gotten anybody except for a black eye and their backpack thrown in the trash?" Demetri asks.

"Demetri." Rory says.

"Yeah?" he asks.

"Shut up." Rory tells him, making him look down at his books after muttering a small 'yeah'.

"Well, I think it was kind of cool how you stood up to Kyler." Eli says.

"Are you insane? Let me ask you. What is the best superpower anyone could have?" Demetri asks.

"Super strength." Miguel says.

"Telekinesis." Rory says.

"Wrong." Demetri tells the two.

"How is my opinion wrong?" Rory gives him a confused look.

Demetri ignores her and continues to say, "It's invisibility. A distant second would be super speed to run away fast."

"You would say that." Rory rolls her eyes.

"Run away from who?" Kyler asks, appearing behind Eli.

Rory groans, setting her head on the table.

"Whom." Burk corrects him. "It's the object of a preposition. Remember English class."

Rory and her friends get up quickly.

"We were just leaving." Miguel says as they walk away.

Kyler quickly grabs Eli. "Where you going? Oh, look at this freak."

"Do you ever get bored of doing the same shit everyday?" Rory rolls her eyes.

"Nobody was talking you to, California." Kyler says.

"I'm from New Orleans, dumb ass." Rory mutters.

"What kind of girl would ever kiss this shit?" Kyler asks.

"Leave him alone, Kyler." Miguel speaks up.

"What'd you say?" Kyler walks over to Miguel, freeing Eli.

Rory didn't hesitate to rush over to Eli's side, taking his hand into hers and walking back over to Demetri.

"You haven't had enough. Rhea'?" Kyler asks.

"Don't you have anything better to do? You know, like, school work? Maybe if you focus on school you could have a shot at a real future." Rory says.

"California, California." Kyler sighs, walking over to her.

Rory balls her hands into fists the closer Kyler walks up to her.

"Go ahead. You already lost your job, I'd hate for you to get expelled because of me again." Kyler tells her, making her slowly release her hands.

"That's what I thought. Now, go leave with your little friends. I love the way you look from behind when you walk away from me." Kyler smirks.

Rory scoffs before walking off with her friends.

|

Rory was lying on her bed when, suddenly, her phone rang.

"Hello?" she questioned.

"I can do karate again!" Miguel yelled through the phone.

"No way!" Rory screamed with excitement.

"Meet at the dojo?" Miguel questions.

"Of course." Rory smiles.

The two hung up and Rory changed into workout clothes. She left the house and began her walk. She walked for a bit and finally got to do the dojo.

When she walked in, she saw Johnny and Miguel already training.

"She's back." Johnny states.

"I never left." Rory smiles as she takes her shoes off and gets on the mat.

"Alright. I'm gonna teach you guys the best defense that you can know." Johnny circles around the two and finally stops in front of the them.

"And the best defense, Hai!" Johnny sends a punch in front of Miguel's face, stopping before it actually hit him. "Is more offense."

The two teens smiled, ready for training.

A/N: Just a filler chapter! Sorry it's so short.