thirty-nine

"This next dojo took last year's title. But they're under new management. Can they reign supreme once more? And last year's runner-up. He may be wearing a new gi, but one thing's for sure, Robby Keene and his team are ready to strike! Hailing from Reseda, defending champions, and still the most badass name for a dojo, here comes Cobra Kai!"

The team walks out behind their senseis. Rory smiles as she sees the crowd, and remembers the feeling of competing last year, missing it so much.

The announcer had just finished announcing Eagle Fang Karate and the teams had cornered off to prepare for the fight.

Rory was practicing punches with Robby as she waited for the competition to begin. She suddenly stopped as she felt the urge to throw up.

"Rory... are you okay?" Robby asks, dropping his hands.

"I'm—" she stopped herself, gaining her team's attention.

"Sommers, what's wrong?" Kreese asked.

"I— I, um..." she ran away before saying anything else.

As soon as she made it to the bathroom, she immediately dropped to her knees, hovering over the toilet as she let it all out.

Luckily, her hair was braided so it was out of the way, but it didn't make this moment any less disgusting.

She threw up a bit more before flushing the toilet. She caught her breath before going over to the sink. She gargled some water and washed her hands quickly.

She stood in the mirror as she looked at herself, and suddenly, she felt a hinge of pain in her stomach.

"What the hell?" she groaned as she held onto her stomach.

She took a few deep breathes until the pain went away and walked back out to where everyone was.

"Hey," Robby ran over to her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." she nodded, but he still looked uneasy. "I promise. Just a little nervous."

"Okay." he sighed before joining the team.

Rory clutched her stomach as she looked down at it, an overwhelming feeling falling over her.

"Alright, fall in." Kreese orders. "All your training has brought you to this moment. Remember, if you win, you don't just get a trophy. You get the glory. And you get to know forever that you are a champion. I have had students with all the talent in the world squander their moment. Do not let history repeat itself. Do not let your emotions cloud your judgement. And above all, do not let anything stand in the way of your victory."

"Just to be clear." Silver speaks up. "That's not a pep talk. That's an order. And we're all gonna follow Sensei Kreese's orders today, aren't we?"

"Yes, Sensei." the team says.

"Aren't we?" he questions.

"Yes, Sensei!" they shout.

"Let's go win this! Come on!" Silver hypes them up.

|

For the skills competition, Rory decided to put her gymnastic skills to use, and with Kyler as her "opponent".

The boy charged at the girl, but she quickly did a backhand spring to get out of the way.

He smirked at her before sending a punch to her, but she dropped to the splits, avoiding it.

She stood up and kicked Kyler in the stomach, sending him back a few feet. She did a Ariel, landing her right in front of him, and she sent a punch to his face, causing the crowd to erupt in cheers.