thirty-three

Robby walked in between the students as they did the Miyagi-Do technique. "These blocks are incredibly precise. Each one is designed to overcome a specific attack."

He stops in front of Tory. "Show me wax on, wax off."

He threw punches at the girl, and she did the defense she was just taught, blocking the punches. He nods at her before turning back to the class.

"The more you learn Miyagi-Do, the tougher you are to defeat." Robby says.

"Except for one tiny flaw." Kreese chimes in, stopping the class from doing their movements. "Their entire style is reactive, which means all their moves are counter moves. That means that we are in control. And we can use that to set traps."

Robby turns back to Tory. "Show me paint the fence." he orders.

He threw punches at the girl, and she blocked them, but she wasn't ready for him to drop down and sweep her legs.

"Sorry. Part of the lesson." he says, offering his hand.

Tory quickly grabs his arm, pulling him to the ground, and then rolling over. She climbed on top of him, bringing her arm up to punch him.

"Enough!" Kreese yells out. "Nichols, in my office. Continue the lesson."

Tory climbs off of him, following Kreese to his office. Robby glares at the girl as he gets up, but continues with his lesson.

Rory turned towards the office as she tried to see what was going on. "Sommers!" a strong voice calls out.

"Yeah?" she turns to Robby.

"Wax on, wax off." he tells her.

"Yeah." she mutters, looking back one more time before doing the movements.

|

"So. What's going on with you?" Rory asks her friend as they walk out of the building.

"Nothing." Tory answers.

"Lying doesn't get past me. What's wrong?" Rory sighs.

"I just... I lost my job, alright?" Tory informs her. "I won't be able to find another one for a while."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Rory tells her.

"Don't be. I'm gonna figure it out. See ya'." the blonde walks away.

"You leaving me?" Robby comes up behind the girl.

"No." Rory laughs. "I just needed to talk to Tory alone. It's not my fault you take forever to get changed out of your gi."

"I don't take that long." Robby says and Rory gives him a look. "Ok. Maybe I do."

"You do." she says.

Robby snakes his arm around the girl's waist before pulling her towards him. She smiles at him before they walk to the car and get in.

|

The students continued to do their defense motions, until Kreese called out, stopping them.

"Mr. Keene. You have a visitor." the man says.

"You know him?" Rory asks, referring to the young boy.

"I-I-I'm Kenny." the boy says. "My brother, Shawn Payne, said you could help me."

"I didn't know Shawn had a brother. Is he out?" Robby walks over to him.