Chapter 175

Chapter 175 The Concubine refuses to take the blame [3]

    Shu Guiren copied Buddhist scriptures for a day and a night in the Qingluan Palace of Concubine Dong Gui, and was carried away from the Qingluan Palace.

    I don't know what concubine Dong Gui has done to this Shu Guiren. After Shu Guiren returned to the palace, he couldn't be ill, and even the imperial physician couldn't see the truth, so he could only shake his head.

    Since then, there has been another notorious legend related to Concubine Dong Gui in the arena.

    Concubine Dong Gui, a well-deserved generation of traitorous concubine! !

    ——The

    next day, Dong Youyou's mother, Mrs. Dong, brought her two daughters-in-law to the palace to visit her daughter together.

    As soon as she saw her daughter, before even sitting on the stool, Mrs. Dong immediately began to criticize and educate Wu Youyou: "Yuyou, why are you so troublesome! Why are you trying to embarrass Mr. Shu?! Even if Mrs. Shu doesn't have you. You don’t have the grace of a family like this, but what good is it for you to have countless enemies in the palace?! Not to mention the court and the opposition, even the common people are complaining about you! If you continue like this, it will not only be destroyed by you My own reputation! I'm afraid that even our Dong family will be implicated by you!!"

    After Madam Dong's impassioned remarks, she thought that her daughter would deny it as before, saying that this was the performance of the emperor favoring her alone. , but did not expect Wu Youyou to slip to her knees quickly: "What mother said is very true! Daughter must be more careful in the future!"

    Wu Youyou's neat confession made Mrs. Dong choked, and it took a long time to answer: "Just know it yourself!"

    Wu Youyou smiled at Mrs. Dong Yingying and leaned on her knees, like when Dong Youyou Yunying was not married, and said softly with her mother: "Aniang, my daughter knows that you are both This is for the sake of my daughter. My daughter understands it in her heart. Mom, don't worry, my daughter has changed now, and is no longer as arrogant and domineering as before. It's just..."

    Having said this, Wu Youyou couldn't help sighing. one sound.

    Mrs. Dong didn't know why her daughter had such a reaction, she was slightly startled and asked, "Just what?"

    Wu Youyou pondered for a while, and asked the two sisters-in-law to drink tea and wait in the side hall next door, and then let Liuli drive out all the people who were serving in the hall, leaving only her and Mrs. Dong, so she said that she was suspicious these days. She came out: "Auntie, my daughter thinks... the emperor is targeting our Dong family!"

    Mrs. Dong was born into a famous family, and she married into General Dong's house as a mistress at a young age. She knew that the situation in Beijing was complicated and people's hearts were dangerous. , so when I heard Wu Youyou's words, I was only stunned for a moment, and then I reacted: "Youyou means - the emperor indulges you like this, it seems that he favors you alone, but in fact he is hurting my director. Family reputation?"

    Wu Youyou nodded and answered "yes", explaining, "How else would you explain the emperor's attitude toward me for over ten months after I entered the palace?" After a

    pause, Wu Youyou said again. "Just like King Zhou of the Shang Dynasty, people would only blame Daji for blinding the king's heart and causing harm to the country and the people. How can they blame King Zhou of Shang for not being considerate to the people and being diligent in governing? If I allow me to abuse other concubines and concubines like this in the palace, I can make it happen. The Dong family has a bad reputation of being a goddaughter and taking care of people's lives, why would he not do it?!"