Little Unsteady

Scarlett's POV:

"I'm just saying is that, i think it's not the right time for the both of you to see each other. Let Y/n decide if she wants to see you, she's the one who is hurting the most, Scarlett." My mom said looking at me as we sit in the living room.

The 2 weeks break is already finished, and Y/n is still not calling me, or even give me a text. Now, im trying to ask my mom if she thinks that maybe, i can just be the one to go there since Y/n is not giving us a sign if she will go back here now.

"And look at yourself, do you want her family to see you like that? Do you want Y/n to see you like that?" My mom said sternly.

"Look at this house, Scarlett. If you want to see your wife and go over to their house, make sure that you are presentable, and you are ready to have her back. And if she ever comes back here, this...." Mom rambled as she motion her hand around the house. "This is what she will see."

I look around and saw so many bottles scattered around the floor, on top of the cabinet and tables. The wall that i punched is still not fixed. There's so many trash here and there.

"And you, look at you. Your knuckles is still swollen, you look like a zombie, some of your bones are poking already. Do you want your wife to see you like that?" My mom continued and i look down ashamed, while i shake my head no.

"Then be better. If you want to see your wife, and go out there to their house, then be your better self, Scarlett. I'm not stopping you from going to her, i want you to be your better self before you face her." My mom said while i just looked down.

She's right, i really look like a shit right now. My knuckles are still black and purple, while my bones are already poking in some parts of my body. The house looks like it's been abandoned for months.

But, in all of those, i still can't find any motivation to be better. Everything just seems so meaningless without Y/n.

I felt a presence sit beside me, and my mom's arms was wrapped around me as she pull me into her, and that's when tears started to pour out.

"Shhh, it will be okay, darling. I'm here. Look at mama, please." She said as she take my face in her hands, making me look at her, tears are still spilling out of my eyes.

"Do you want to see your wife?" She ask, and i nodded.

"Do you want to get her back?" She ask, and i modded again.

"Then be your best self, be the Scarlett she once knew. I know, everything is hard at the moment. But i know, that you can do this and will get through this, sweetheart. We will never know what lies ahead of us, but we can always choose to be hopeful." She said and after she finished her words, i let myself fall again in her embrace.

Mom just hold me as she whispered sweet nothings in my ears, and motivation words, which really helped. After some time, i let myself calm down, and my mom pull back.

"Okay, im gonna call someone to fix the wall, okay? Then i want you to fix yourself, but eat first, i cooked something earlier it's in the fridge. After that, make sure that you are all fine and ready to face her, then i will help you plan on what you will do, am i clear?" She said and i nodded.

"Yeah, thank you so much mama." I said as i hug her tightly again.

"It's okay, you're my daughter, and i will be there as long as you need me." She said and kiss my head as she rub my back.

"Okay, i will go now, i will call a friend to fix the wall. You go eat, okay?" She said as she stand up, and i follow her movements.

"Yes mama, thank you." I said as i lead her to the front door.