Chances

Scarlett's POV:

I look over to the rear view to see my beautiful girls already asleep in the back seat of my car making me smile at how adorable the look, before I look over at Vanessa, and rolled my eyes as I saw her posting our picture, just the two of us though, Y/n made it clear to us that no one is allowed to post a picture of Avery.

"I'm gonna drop you off first since your house is already near." I said to Vanessa, while still looking ahead as i'm driving.

I slowed my drive, not wanting to wake my girls from their very much needed sleep. God, Y/n looks very exhausted, I saw her face clearly when she took off her cap and shades when we ate earlier.

I wanted to asked her earlier what took her so long, but Vanessa kept bugging all my attention, which I didn't gave her, but I still didn't got the chance to have a decent long talk to Y/n.

I will surely gonna have a long talk to my manager about this stupid PR stunt that we need to do as my manager said, 'the agency love it, every project you have will instantly move high up.' well, sorry, Laura, but fuck that projects of mine.

As much as I want to disagree with my manager's plan earlier to make Vanessa come along with us, it was supposed to be just me and Avery, and when I went to Y/n's penthouse, that's when my disappointment raised on bringing Vanessa with us, knowing that I will not gonna have the chance to have some alone time with my family.

"Why don't you just drop them off first so we can have our alone time?" She asked raising an eyebrow, looking at me while shutting her phone down.

"We're not together anymore, Van, you know that. And this stunt is gonna end now, that's a final decision." I said, trying to be as quiet as I can.

"Wh- what do you mean, Scarlett?! After everything that we've been through, you're just gonna throw me like a trash because your ex wife is now here? And then what? You're gonna cheat on her again?" She yelled out of madness.

"Shut the fuck up, Vanessa. You're gonna wake them up!" I yelled under my voice.

"I don't care. I don't care if they hear about how much of an asshole you are, I don't care if the ex of yours hear that you're still the same woman who hurt her-" Anger built up in me until it reach the line, and I stopped the car.

"Shut the fuck up, and get out. Get the fucking out, Vanessa. Right now." I commanded in a very dangerous voice that made her shut up.

"Y-you can't do that! You can't just leave me here, all alone-" She said in disbelief, while looking at me.

"I don't fucking care, get out now, or I'll do it myself." I said glaring at her, and she sharply took a deep breath before releasing it out then glaring at me.

"Fine. But, if that whore of yours didn't gave you a chance, don't come running right back to me." My face immediately contorted in anger as she get out.

"Don't you fucking dare call her like that Infront of me again, because I swear, you won't like what I can do to you." I said in a low dangerous voice while pointing at her.

She just rolled her eyes and harshly slammed the door shut, then walked away. I took a deep breath before releasing it, trying to calm myself down, before looking at the back to check on my girls, only to be surprised when I saw Y/n looking down, fiddling with her fingers.

Fuck.

"Y/n..." I called out softly. But, to no avail, she didn't looked up and showed me her beautiful eyes.

My gaze went on the lone tear that fell down from her face to her hands, that seemed to be shaking, along with her shoulder. A sniffed came out from her, making me quickly unbuckle my seatbelt, before getting out of the car and running to her side.