Can't Lose You Anymore

Scarlett's POV:

I was awaken from my deep slumber when I felt Y/n's hand shifted in mine, making me sit up quickly after my eyes shoot open, immediately setting my gaze on her to see her trying to open her eyes.

I must've slept.

"H-hey, darling..." I whispered, looking at her with careful eyes, my hand still holding hers, caressing her knuckles with my thumb soothingly. "It's Scarlett, i'm here." I finished before putting my other hand on her cheek, caressing it softly.

Soon enough, she opened her eyes, blinking away the bright lights for her eyes to get used to it. Her eyes met mine, that's when I saw how her eyes looked so tired, she looks so exhausted.

"Oh, my love..." I breathed out, not noticing how I called her, but silently hoping that she didn't heard me.

I brushed out the strands of hair that fell onto her face gently, while she just watched my movements.

"How are you? Do you need anything? What are you feeling, hmm?" I asked softly, threading my fingers on her hair, while looking at her with soft eyes.

"Water." She croaked out, and I nodded immediately, getting one from the bedside table.

"Here..." I opened the water for her, and helped her to sit up properly so she could drink it. "Shhhh.." I whispered when she groaned weakly, and I rubbed her back as she drink.

After she finished, she carefully leaned back on the bed, my hand stayed on her back until she completely laid down. After that, I closed the lid and put it down on the table, before sitting down and looking at her once again.

"What else do you want, hmm?" I brushed away her hair with my palm, so I could get a good look of her eyes. "Do you want anything? Do you want to eat?" I asked softly, looking at her as I sit clearly on my chair, my hands automatically holding hers, while she just watched every movements I make.

"How long was I out? What did they do to me?" She asked quietly while looking at me with hooded tired eyes.

"Almost 24 hours, I think. They did some surgery to you, I didn't really got to listen 'coz I was so worried. Like, really worried. They stopped halfway through the surgery because you lost a lot of blood and all, but they'll be continuing it, and you don't have to worry, because they said that all is well." I rambled, not noticing how I fidgeted her hand and finger.

"Thank you." She blurted out, making me instantly look at her, a huge smile wanting to be formed on my face, but I hid it with a small one.

"It's- it's nothing, really. I'm happy that I could be here to be with you and have the chance to take care of you...just like before." I said sincerely, while looking at her eyes, but after a few seconds of gazing into one another, she looked away clearing her throat.

"That's... very kind of you, Scarlett. Thank you. By the way, does mom and dad already know? Avery? King?" She asked, now looking at me.

"Oh yeah, they're here, they flew down here. I think they're still in your penthouse, and Lizzie. I called her too, she's with them." I explained, looking at her.

I want to say something about us. I just felt the need to let all my feelings out, I need her to know everything. My guts is telling me to say it, but I think she already sensed that and now, she's trying to avoid it.

"Mhmm..." She nodded, before looking down on her hands that is on her lap, fiddling it. "Okay."

Silence eloped up, none of us speak out a word, I'm just looking at her, while she looks like trying to avoid my gaze. Is it awkward? No. Is it uncomfortable? A little.