Ms. Muffin's Muffins

Scarlett's POV:

"Hey, baby, say goodnight to Ms. Muffins already, it's now your bedtime." Y/n said as she sit beside me, looking at Avery who is sitting comfortably on my lap.

God, this kid already have my heart.

Avery whined. "But, Mommy...." She said while pouting, and i look at Y/n.

"I know, baby. But, you have to need energy, because guess what?" Y/n coaxed her, with a glint in her eyes.

Avery looked at her with so much confusion, tilting her head to the side like a puppy. I turned to look at Y/n to see her already looking at me with a small smiler, which i returned.

"You and Ms. Muffin is gonna have a fun day tommorow if you're already feeling good, so now, you have to take many rest as you can. Unless you don't want to?" Avery gasped, sitting up with a smile before looking up at me.

"Are we gonna have fun day tommorow, Scarly?" Avery asked me with hopeful eyes.

I looked at Y/n to see if she's telling the truth, with the same hopeful eyes like my daughter, and when i saw her nodded, a wide smile formed on my face before looking back at Avery.

"Yes, baby. So now, be good to Mommy and let her take you to bed, okay? I promise you, i will be here when you wake up tommorow." I said, smiling down at her, caressing her cheeks before leaving a lingering kiss on her warm forehead.

She instantly throw herself at me, after shouting excitedly, and i immediately caught her, wrapping my arms around her small body. While we hug, i look towards at Y/n and see her watching us with a small smile and longing eyes. God, i just want to pull her in and cuddle with us, i bet that would feel amazing having both of them in my arms.

"Thank you." I mouthed to Y/n, and she just offered me a smile, before averting her gaze to Avery.

"Hey, baby, come one, it's already passed your bedtime, sweetheart." Y/n said, and i pull Avery away from me, not before hugging her tightly.

"Go to Mommy, darling. I'll be here first in the morning and we'll gonna have so much fun." I said, smiling at her as i put her beside me before Y/n completely took her from me.

"Promise?" She said before reaching out to show her pinky finger, with i clasped with mine.

"I promise, my love." I said genuinely, before looking at Y/n for a second.

"L-let's go baby, say goodbye and goodnight to Scarlett." I mentally winced at my full name, i really hate it when she would say my full name instead of the nickname she usually calls me.

"Goodnight, Scarly, bye bye..." Avery's soft voice called out as Y/n stood up with Avery in her arms, and i followed, stepping forward to them.

"Goodnight, baby." I said, before bending down slightly kiss her forehead, Avery's forehead.

After that, i look at Y/n with a small smile, which she returned.

"Okay, uhmm, I'll just get this little monster in bed, then I'll see you out." Y/n said, before walking away, with Avery waving at me, which i waved back to.

"Will you read to me, Mommy?" I heard Avery's soft voice asked, before Y/n kissed her head.

"Ofcourse, my darling. Just wait for me and..." I didn't heard the next word she said as they got far way.

I averted my eyes into an empty space before inhaling deeply and sighing, then i took seat on the couch, with a small smile plastered on my face.

Maybe, things can still fall into the place where i wanted them to be.
______________________________________
"Thank you- for giving me a chance..." I said genuinely as i stood outside of Y/n's penthouse, while she's inside holding the door.