Drunken Heart

Scarlett's POV:

When did it all get so heavy?

I'm buckling, breaking and trembling beneath it all. I can't lift the weight and beginning to fear the inevitable. Beginning to fear what the future might lead us, beginning to fear everything that might happen.

She said she would kill herself if i don't sign it. I don't want to believe it, but on how those words left her mouth convincingly, is trying to make me think the other way. If she kill herself, i would lose her. If i sign those papers i will lose her too, but atleast she wouldn't die.

I'm trying to think of a better way to fix this, im trying to make the right decision, im trying to find the right words to explain myself to her, but all i found is nothing but a straight dark line.

"Fuck." I mumbled under my breath as i put my head in my hands, hardly tugging my hair as if it will help me to think of a better way to fix this.

Closing my eyes, trying to stop the tears that continuesly flowing out of my eyes as i turn my head down on the ground. Even in my blurry vision, the shimmer of a diamond didn't go unnoticed by it. Opening my eyes fully, i saw her diamond ring. The one that's identical to mine.

Picking it up, i gaze at it as if im trying to find something.

How can she say those words easily? How can those words slipped right out of here mouth effortlessly? I mean,i deserve all the pain she will cause me, i will even say sorry to her. But, her saying those things to me as if our marriage meant nothing to her, it crushed me more than i already am.

Leaning back to the couch, i put the ring in my finger, next to mine. Looking at it, how they shimmer beautifully.

Letting out a broken loud sob, i held it close next to my heart as i look up, closing my eyes, letting the couch carry all the weight of my body.

I don't know what choice i will make, cause either way, i will lose her. I can't bear waking up the next day knowing i can't call her mine anymore, knowing we're nothing but a cracked pieces that once stick together.

Why did that woman even came here? The sadness inside me is quickly changed by anger. I completely forgotten about her, with all the thing that is going on, my focus is only on Y/n that i even forgot that im not wearing my wedding ring anymore. Which was a mistake, im so fucking stupid. I just wanna jump out off a cliff.

That might've hurt Y/n so much. Oh, my wife.

I was soon snapped out of my trance once i heard my phone ring, looking at it, i saw
Y/n's phone number and the nickname i set for her. Sitting up quickly, my mind run through miles as i answer it. My face turned into a frown as soon as i heard a different voice.

"Hello, is this Mrs. Johansson's wife?" I heard a deep feminine voice say through the phone.

"Yes. May i know who is this?" I ask nibbling my lip nervously.

"I'm a bartender here at Mr. Jones bar. I called you because you're number is set as her emergency number, and it says that you're her wife...." She explained.

My mind went through so mamy thoughts. Did she drink? Oh god, it's so dark outside. Please, don't say she got there earlier and decided to get drunk.

"Yes, im her wife. Did something happened? Where is she?" I ask as i stand up getting my keys.

"Well... she's here at the Mr. Jones bar, and she's very....drunk, ma'am. We're already closing, but she's insisting on getting more drinks, but we can't let her because she already passed the limits. Are you available on getting her, ma'am?" She explained politely, and i nodded even though she can't see me.