Once Again, Trying

3 Years Later
No one's POV:

Moving on.

2 words, 8 letters, easy to say, but oh so hard to simply do. Every day, Scarlett didn't felt any better, instead of moving on and becoming better, she found herself falling more into the deep hole of the unknown. A scary, dark and lonely place. The loneliest place she had ever been.

No one, and nothing could save her, well...there is someone, but that someone is now long gone with no signs of coming back.

Day by day, 5 to 10 alcohol bottles are scattered around the floor, with a pack of used cigarettes scattered with it. She barely eat any food, if it weren't for her friends and families who went to check on her day by day, she would be simply be very dead by now.

Her mother and her manager already made an appointment to the best therapist they know, Scarlett do come by, because she herself, wanted to be better too and she only think of one inspiration to be better, you. But, in months of going there again and again, Scarlett never felt a change, as her mind and the situation she's in kept reminding her that, it's all over now.

You're gone.

She can't reach you anymore.

She can't hold you the way she used to anymore.

You're simply just a living memory and feeling inside of her.

She went to Alaska, in hopes to have a better treatment, by going far away from you, by running away from the memories that the both of you had in so many places. But, after 3 months, she went back to L.A once again, hoping to atleast get a hold of you or just see you, but she's late. Her heart shattered when she heard that you're gone.

She tried.

She always did try, with the comfort that she get from her family and friends, and ofcourse, from your family too, that treated her like their own daughter. And fortunately for her, as days go by, she knew to herself, that she can't keep living like that.

Not that it's unhealthy for her, which is it is, but the reason for her to have a hope in life is because of you. She kept telling herself, that wherever you are, she knew you would be mad at her, she thinks that way.

She actually felt crazy thinking that you still care for her, but it's her coping mechanism. Every day and night, you always cloud her mind, sometimes she would smile so genuine in the middle of the dark, -or whenever she's alone-, just by daydreaming of you.

She would sleep at night with your clothes as her pillow sheet, and she'll hug and kiss it as she cried in the dark, chanting an apology as if it's you, who she is hugging.

It worked actually. Somehow, it worked. She felt herself overcoming from the dark.

She throw all the alcohol away, she went back to L.A and went to the house you once shared, to the house that she once called her home. She cleaned it, she payed so many workers to change the way it is, there's still an alcohol in the fridge, but it's just a wine.

She stopped drinking, and smoking, she came back with a new life, thinking of only one person.

You.