Chapter 18: The Test

Langston

When I and Georgia left, we walked to the lake, I needed to clear my head, and she was there for me.

As weird as it sounds coming from me, it was pleasant; she didn't talk my head off like most girls. She just let me think and just made sure I was good.

On the way back, we talked about her and Alecie talking and what I would do if Jasmine were mine.

Honestly, I don't know how I would feel; I've never had such a big responsibility. I'm more of a do my own thing and fuck everyone else, but if Jasmine is mine, then that's going to change; Georgia told me I'm not by myself; I have a massive support system which is true whatever happens; Jasmine will never be in the custody of Tasha again I will make sure of that.

We walked back to the house and walked inside, everyone was gone out of the living room, and after calling them, they were in the movie theater.

We walked downstairs, and they were watching a cartoon with Jasmine.

"Well at least yall have something in common," Georgia said, and I glared at her while she laughed.

Alecie turned around and patted next to her; she was sitting in the corner and had two seats.

Jasmine was in her lap, and she was feeding her a cookie.

"Why are you always feeding her cookies," I said, taking Jasmine from her.

"Because I like cookies, and I was getting me one; she was looking at me with those big eyes I couldn't resist," she said, pouting, and I shook my head.

I looked at Jasmine; she looked more like her mother than anything. Her hair was thick, just like my mom's hair, and my mom had those big eyes. She did have big lips just like mine, and from the pictures my ma showed me, I got them from my dad. I shook my head; what if she is mine? I will have to change my whole lifestyle, and I'm not ready for that.

She stood in my lap and played with my face; she smiled and played with my lips.

I smiled a little; she was cute.....

But was she mine?

Alecie

I was changing Jasmine since she was not potty trained yet; she was so adorable.

"Say, Lexi," I said, and she smiled but didn't speak.

"Lexi," I said again, putting her clothes back on, and she reached for me; I began to pout and pick her up.

I sat on my lap and tickled her, she let out a fit of laughter, and it warmed my heart.

"Come on baby I know you can talk," I said and pinched her cheek.

She giggled and clapped her hands,

"Ma!" She said and clapped again.

"Good baby!" I said and bounced her up and down. That's some words I've been working with her on, and she finally said it.

I shook my head, her mom treats her like shit, but she still needs practice forming words even though she should be talking at the age she is.

"Langston is ready to take her to the paternity office," a voice said. I turned around, and Chris stood by the door; my smile instantly dropped, and I stood up.

"Come on baby lets go find out if I'm going to be a auntie," I said and sat her on the ground.

She ran out the door as fast as he little feet could carry her, and I smiled; I followed her and brushed past Chris.