Chapter 39: Can You Stand the Rain?

Alecie
I looked at all the pictures on the wall, Kenny inherited this house when his parents died and he hasn't change a thing about it.

He came back out and handed me some tea and I thanked him. He sat across from me and sat his tea on the table.

"So what's going on miss lady? I haven't seen you since the wedding." he said and I nodded.

"Yeah I've been pretty busy with life and shit but I heard your doing big things too. Congratulations on the restaurant opening." I said and he nodded

"Thank you my love, so I know you did come over her crying your eyes out to drink tea so spill it" he said and I sighed.

"I just really needed someone to talk to and to have a fresh unbiased mind on what I'm doing, I mean don't get me wrong Marie and Mo are great but I really wanted someone else to talk to you know what I mean" he nodded and gave me a look.

"I think so.." he said and I sighed twirling my fingers.

"Long story short Chris cheated on me and I forgave him and then the hoe popped back up and I was pissed and then I find out I'm pregnant with his child and we've been trying for a while but I can't even be happy about it because me and my husband are technically not together on and did I mention the hoe might be pregnant!" I said drinking my tea.

"Damn baby girl... I don't even know where to start" he said and I chuckled without humor.

"Join the club" I said and sipped my drink again.

"Well what do you want to do?" he asked and I looked at the cup I didn't answer him.

"Well I know for a fact that you and Chris are perfect for each other you know why?" he said and I looked at him

"Because both of you are very broken people and I know for a fact that you are more happier with Chris that I've ever seen you"

"I just don't think I will ever trust him again" I said and he nodded, "Yeah you will sweetie its just going to take some time and a lot of healing. As for the hoe IF she is pregnant with Chris baby the only thing you can do is decided whether your marriage is important enough to make this work. Yeah its going to be the toughest thing you can do and its probably going to take months hell years for you to accept the baby but if that man is worth it then you have to fight" he said and I nodded.

I wiped a tear away, "Aww my baby!" he said and I climb in his lap and he held me as I cried.

"Don't you ever feel ashamed to cry or be hurt because you know you're family and I always take care of family" he said and I nodded crying some more.

I pulled away and wiped my eyes, "I'm sorry I got your shirt wet" I said and he laughed.

"Please girl I got plenty" he said and wiped my tears away.

"you good?" he asked and I shrugged.

"For now..." I said and he nodded the door opened and we both looked up.

A tall dark man walked in and he was sexy as hell I looked at Kenny and gave him a thumbs up.

"Uh did I interrupt something?" he said and I stood up.

"No I'm sorry I was just leaving." I said and Kenny stopped me.

"Nonsense! Alecie this is Daniel, Daniel this is Alecie " he said and I shook Daniel hand.

"Girl you are family, I don't shake hands with family. I've heard so much about you " he said bringing me into a hug.

I smiled, "Good things I hope" I said and nodded.