Chapter 32: "Two Wrongs Don't Make a right"

Alecie

I laughed and pushed Derek, he was funny I must admit.

My phone rang for the hundredth time and this time I looked at it. It was Marie I excused myself and walked to a quiet area.

"Hello" I said and she sniffed, "He knows Alecie! He knows!" She said and I made a face.

"Knows what baby who knows what" I said and she cried hysterically again.

"Julian knows about the baby!" She said and it all dawned on me.

"Oh my god, where are you what did he say" I said.

"He left me here, I'm sitting outside the counseling office. He called off the wedding Alecie! I can't believe this is happening!" I grabbed my keys out my pocket.

"I'm on my way Pook stay there" I said hanging up.

I walked back to the bar and Derek looked up.

"I missed you beautiful" I smiled and blushed.

"Thank you Derek, but I she to go my best friend needs me right now" I said grabbing my coat and putting it on.

He stood up, "Well will I ever see you again" he said and I smiled.

"Derek thank you for listening to me I really do appreciate it but I could never cheat on my husband, Two wrong don't make a right. I love him and I can't hurt him no matter how much he hurt me" I said and he smiled.

"I can understand that I guess, he has a good woman" he said and I smiled.

"Thank you.." I leaned up and pecked his cheek. I turned around and walked out the bar and into my car.

Julian

I pulled up to the house and slammed the door, I walked inside and past everyone. They were sitting in the living room.

"Juju! Where's Pook" I heard Georgia say.

I ignored her and went upstairs to grab my shit.

Fuck this place fuck this wedding fuck Marie, I can't believe she did this shit to me.

Chris came in the room and leaned against the wall, "So I'm guessing counseling didn't go well" he said and I snapped.

"Fuck you Chris ok, don't come and give me advice when your fucking wife doesn't want shit to do with you ass" I said and his face dropped he walked in the room and closed the door.

I kept packing, he watched me as I packed.

"You know even though you hurt my feelings I still love you and want to know what wrong" he said and I stopped I held the sides of my bag.

"She gave our baby up for adoption Chris" I said shaking, he came and hugged me.

He turned me around and I cried in his chest,"How could she do that to me man" I said and kept crying.

He held me tighter as I cried more and more.

Langston
"Fuck wrong with him" I said and everybody shrugged.

"Who knows probably marriage counseling" Mo said and continued to file her nails.

"I want to know where the fuck Marie is?" Georgia said.

My phone rang and it was my mother, I got up and answered it (they FaceTimeing).

"Hello? Ma is something wrong with Jasmine?" I said and she chuckled.

"No boy! I heard you went to the hospital and you didn't call me! You scared me half to death are you ok?" She said.

"Yeah I'm fine" I half-lied this ain't the kind of conversation you have over the phone and I didn't want to tell her why I was in the hospital.