Chapter 37: Shit Happens

Alecie

Mo sat her stuff in my closet and I looked up from my magazine.

She sighed moving her hair out her face, she sniffed a little and sat on the bed.

"You ok.." I asked and she gave me a look and I understood.

"What are you going to do about the baby?" She said and I shrugged flipping through the magazine.

"I'm just trying to keep from breaking down" I said and she nodded, the door opened and Chris came in.

"Mo'nique can I talk to Alecie please?" He asked and I gave Mo a look but she shrugged.

"It's your house dude, I'm going to get something to eat" she said hoping off the bed, I glared at her the whole time.

"Talk to him" she mouth and walked out the room.

The room grew silent and I sighed flipping through my magazine.

"Ok, Alecie I know that youre mad at me and I know this will follow me for the rest of my life and I don't want to have anymore secrets from you" he said and I stopped what I was doing.

"Did you cheat on me again because if you did I swear to GOD!" I said getting pissed.

"No... I didn't cheat on you again" he said and I semi calmed down.

"What's going on now just add it to my list" I said and continued to flip through my magazine.

"Well, uh I don't really know how to say this and I'm not even sure if it's true but I don't want you to find out from someone else."

I threw my magazine down and crossed my arms, "What?" I snapped getting aggravated

"Gabriella might be pregnant with my child" he blurted out, I closed my eyes and rubbed my temple.

"Who is what?" I said trying to process everything.
"The girl from the club her name is Gabriella and she came to the house and I didn't invite her here she just showed up and told me that but I swear I don't think this is true Alecie and I know we can get through this like we get through everything else and blah blah blah blah blah"

I had stop listening to him ramble because I couldn't believe this shit, I blinked a couple of times and I was surprise no tears came out.
I held my hand up and he stopped talking, "did you use a condom when you fucked that nasty bitch?" I snapped and he held his head down shrugging.

"I-im not sure I was really drunk" he said so silently it was almost a whisper.

I looked at my finger and twisted the ring that I just put back on my hand and I shook my head.

"You know Chris when I was younger, I never thought that I could love anyone. I hated everybody and I didn't know what it meant to love. Then you came along, you made me believe in love again. You made me believe that if someone as amazing as you could love me then maybe I could be normal, I don't blame you for any of this. I blame myself for ever thinking that good things could happen to me. That someone actually loved me for me, I'm done Chris. I'm tired of pretending this is ok and as much as I love you, you have hurt me more than Terrence, more than Kimberly, and more that My mother ever could. You know why because you showed me what it felt to love again and then you just snatched it away. So..." I took the ring off my finger and opened his hand I placed the ring in his hand and closed it.

"I'm done Chris..." I said and started to get up.

I packed everything I could in a suitcase and Chris got up.

"Alecie please..." He said and I looked at him, I shook my head I refuse to cry in front of him.

"I'm going to a hotel until we leave for Paris and when we get back from Paris, we can go see a divorce lawyer" I said and his jaw hang open.

I grabbed my bag and leaned up to kiss is cheek, "Thanks Chris for the best five years of my life but I can't do this" I said and walked out the room.

Langston

Me and Georgia were sitting on the couch, "You know I think we are the only ones not arguing" she said and I chuckled leaning back and she sat closer to me .

"Yeah that's because we've done enough of that plus we not together so that makes it ten times better" I said and she nodded.

"Yes! I couldn't deal with all this drama, married people are crazy" she said and I chuckled.

We heard wheels slamming against the stairs and looked to see Alecie with a suitcase.

"And the saga continues..." She mumbled and we watched as everything went down.

"Alecie baby please don't do this please..." Chris begged and begged he even had tears rolling down his cheeks.

Me and Georgia hopped up and walked over to the scene unfolding.

While watching them Mo can downstairs with her suitcase to. Justin following right along with her.

"Come on Mo just talk to me" he said and she shook her head.

"I've already said what I have to say Justin."she said walking out the house with him still following.

Alecie looked at Georgia, "Tell Marie to call me when she wakes up ok" she said and Georgia nodded.

Alecie looked at Chris one more time and walked out the house, Chris just watched her leave and it damn near broke my heart because I know how much that girl mean to him.

He was breathing heavy and then out of nowhere he turned and punched the wall leaving and big ass dent. He shook his head and walked upstairs crying the whole way there.
Justin finally came back in the house and he looked just as hurt as Chris, but he didn't show it. You see after all these years I know Justin and even though his face is stone I can tell this is eating him up. He didn't even look my way he walked up stairs and shook his head I knew he was probably going to break down later.

I looked at Georgia and she gave me a soft smile, "Go take care of your brothers I'll wait down here for Marie to wake up" she said and I nodded.

"I don't know who to talk to first." I said and she pointed at the hole in the wall.

"Maybe Justin first " she said and I nodded in agreement. I kissed her forehead and walked upstairs to where Justin went.

_______

Marathon over.... Maybe 😁🤔

Share 🏃🏿🏃🏿🏃🏿
Comment 🗣🗣🗣
Like 👍🏽🙌🏾👏🏽👌🏽