Capitolo Quarantatre

Before I start this chapter.... Just want to give out the GREATEST APOLOGY of all time.

I definitely fell off the face of the earth for a good fat year...maybe longer...I can't remember 😭 so much happened and I truly forgot about the books I had been writing.

I came back and made some promises that I definitely did not keep but I honestly just want to finish this book (and the other one) because when I started writing I had a vision for my writing and best believe I'm finna complete this vision like I ain't never left🤝

To all of you who have been so patiently waiting. Thank you. 🤍

Daluchi

The twins were growing so fast, and I am so grateful that they are so healthy.

When I found out I was having twins I did extensive research to really get a good understanding of what was happening to my body and what I had in store.

A lot of twins don't make it full term and some don't even make it out alive.

Birth in its self is very grueling but two at once?! Yeah that was something I had to really mentally prepare for.

It helped a lot that Luca kept reassuring me and also that Doctor Santos was an amazing doctor. I was mostly just worried that one of my boys wasn't going to make it. And yes...I said boys. Luca was right.

Anyways, I was laying on my bed in this gigantic room all alone, as Luca had just left reluctantly for work.

I just kept thinking about how so much has changed in my life. I was 4 and a half months pregnant and my stomach was huge. Honestly for my 5'4 height I was very worried that my back would snap in half.

These boys are already taking after their father, I knew they were going to be chunky when they popped out.

But just going back to my thoughts...I recall how I met Luca. How the relationship started out very...unconventional but how I grew to love this man and how much he sacrificed and changed to show his love for me as well.

As I stared into the ceiling smiling at what my life had become I suddenly became emotional.

Tears started to well in my eyes and I knew I wanted to see Luca right this minute.

I got up from the bed and went to the closet where I changed into a lavender purple off the shoulder maxi maternal dress.

It displayed my numb nicely but also gave me a free feeling as the clothes were not too tight.

I put on some white sandals and headed downstairs where the at home butler was just entering the door. He looked a bit nervous but as we made eye contact he composed himself.

"Good evening Miss," Charles said, I could hear the hint or nervousness in his voice and it caused my heart to stop for a second.

(I haven't written in so long I forgot what I named some of these people so I'm finna give some people new names 😅)

Something was wrong, I could tell. However, I didn't want to seem overbearing.

"Good evening Charles, is James here? I would like to go visit Luca at work,"

"James went with Mr. Lombardi to work," Charles said almost like he was reading a script.

I raised a brow, "that's weird...he doesn't usually follow Luca...in any case let Max take, or I can drive."

"Miss, you know Mr. Lombardi doesn't want you driving, also Max...he- he's out for a family affair."

"Charles... why do I feel like you're lying to me?" Something was definitely not right and it was causing me to worry.

I didn't want to overthink anything because I didn't not want to stress out the babies, but a lot of things started to pop into my head.

"Either you tell me what's going on or you take me to see Luca. If not I will take a cab myself."

"Miss-"

"Don't 'Miss' me! You all know how I feel about being lied to, now tell me."

"... Mr. Lombardi got into a car accident-"

My heart dropped.

"E-excuse me?? WHAT?! And no one told me?!" I began to breathe heavily and make my way towards the door.

I had to go to the hospital

"Miss-"

"NO!" I didn't want to hear it.

How could this happen? Was he okay? Why didn't anyone tell me?

"Miss. Mr. Lombardi doesn't want you stressed out, it isn't good for the bab-"

"I don't care what he wants! How could he not tell me" I began to sob. My breathing was erratic and my heart was racing.

I knew I had to calm down for the sake of my children but I was so worried.

How did this day turn from me thinking about my future with my sons and husband and now to possibly becoming a single mother.

I needed to breathe.

I barley made it out the door before my knees gave out and I was on the ground trying to catch my breath.

I should have told him to stay home.

This is my fault.

What if he's badly injured?

I could never forgive myself if I became the reason my children didn't have a father.

As I tried to catch my breath Charles was quick to be by my side helping me up

"I'll take you to go see him, but you have to calm down first okay? Please"

I took a couple deep breaths and hurriedly wiped my tears

"Okay. Let's go." I looked at him, and he nodded curtly before escorting me to one of the cars.

As I sat in the back seat I prayed to God and tried to rationalize things.

If it was a more serious accident I'm sure they would have told me.

I would know.

He probably just has a little scratch or at the most, a broken bone...right?

Okay. This is a filler chapter as I wrote this as I was on the way back home from work.

Excited for this next chapter 🤪

See y'all in 8 months for an update 🤩🤩

Jkjk lol