Capitolo Quaranta

Luca

It's been 3 days since Daluchi has been in a coma and each day killed me. I was forced by my cousin and parents to at least go home and change my clothes and freshen up. I didn't want to but i also didn't want Daluchi's first look at me when she wakes up to be of me looking like a mess.

So after i went home to get cleaned up, I was right back at the hospital.

"Good afternoon sir," The nurse at the front desk said as i walked past her. I gave a slight nod and kept on my way.

As i walked to the elevator that took me to the VIP room that was Daluchi was staying in, I bumped into her Doctor who looked like he was in a rush.

"Doctor Martin," I said politely but anxiously.

"Oh good you are here!" He  said as he smiled brightly at me.

Why is he smiling? Is she awake? 

"Why what happened?" I asked growing more and more anxious.

"Do you not know?" He looked confused, "Dalu-" Before he could finish my phone rang.

"Hello? What's going on?" I asked immediately not caring who was on the other side.

"She's awake! hurry up and-" I hung up quickly.

"How do you make this elevator go up faster?" My heart was beating out of my chest. I needed to see her. 

"We are almost there sir-"

I couldn't even care to listen to him talk as i pressed the top floor button hoping it would make the elevator go up faster.

I did nothing so i just stood there tapping my foot until the elevator doors opened and i rushed out.

My feet were moving as fast as my heart and before I knew it i was busting her room doors open.

I had no time to focus on the other people in the room as i went straight to her bed.

Tears burned my eyes as i looked at her. Her face was mildly swollen and my heart clenched. Wishing i could take away the pain.

"Luci- I,"

She placed her hand on top of mine, gently. The tears i never let anyone see fell down my face effortlessly.

"It's okay," she croaked

"No, no it's not okay," i touched her face softly with my other hand.

"I should have never left you, from day one. I should have told you and protected you-"

"You did. I didn't see it then, but you did."

"No i didn't," I forced down my sob. Her eyes glistening with tears as well.

"We should give them a moment," I heard someone say beside me before i heard the door close.

"I love you daluchi, and i am so so so sorry for everything," I cried. "Words can't explain how sorry i am. and i know i should let you go so you don't have to deal with this life or this danger but i can't. I love you too much to let you go." I rambled.

"I would give you anything, my life, my soul, my heart, but i can't let you leave me so please don't leave me," I sobbed into her hand.

"I'm not leaving you," She said as she lifted my face to look at her.

Even though her face was swollen i could see that she had lost weight, making her face look thiner.

"Like i said before, i know now why you left...it was dangerous, even more dangerous than what i had experienced. If you would have told me and were still with me all those years... I could have been dead. I mean i almost died-"