Capitolo Trentadue

Daluchi

"I missed you bambina," Luca said softly without touching me.

My eyes were looking directly at his chest, watching the movements of his breathing.

I was in some kind of daze. Six years without hearing his voice and suddenly hearing it again...it was messing with me.

I cleared my throat, not at all prepared for this encounter, "could you excuse me sir, I need to get back to my date," I still didn't look up as I spoke those words and tried to move around him but he kept getting In my way.

"Bambina," he said in a pained voice, his accent thicker than the last time I remembered it.

"Could you please ex-excuse me," the closeness of our bodies was finally getting to me, the tears that I tried to keep in were starting to fall again.

"Daluchi, please-"

"Please what!" I gritted our finally looking up at him, showing him the pain and anger I kept in for so long.

His face was twisted In regret and sadness. It almost made me want to forget that these past six years without him never happened.

"I'm sorry, I wanted to come back, I really did."

"but you didn't, you- you stayed with her and left me here. Not even a call or a letter or something. You just left me," I said breaking down. The tears were non stop now.

Luca reached to wipe my tears but I slapped his hand away.

"Ive already gone six years without seeing you. Let's see if I can go twelve this time."

"Daluchi-"

"Don't say my name, don't think of me, don't look for me, and do not call me...it's not like you have for the past six years anyways."

I walked away, heading towards Noah not strong enough to turn around and see his face one last time before I buried in the depths of my mind forever

As soon as Noah saw me he got up and looked at me with concern.

"What's wrong are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just saw someone I didn't want to see," I said softly as I sat down.

Through the corner of my eye I could see Luca walking back with no emotions written on his face.

Of course. He didn't even care.

I took a deep breath in, closing my eyes for a moment before looking down at the table. Our food was there.

*

*

*

*

2 hours later

"Thank you for the amazing dinner," I smiled at Noah, although it didn't reach my eyes it definitely did mean a lot.

"Of course baby," said standing up before walking to my side and helping me up, "you ready to go?"

"Yeah, but could we stop at the ice cream shop please? I really want some cookie dough ice cream," I pleaded giving him my puppy dog eyes.

"Of course, any thing for my girl," he smiled placing a hand in my lower back as he lead us out.

As we walked towards the exit, I could feel Luca's eyes on me like I felt them all night.

The burning sight of jealousy somehow caught me by surprise as I glanced at him quickly before leaving the restaurant.