Capitolo Venticinque

Luca

"Papa, what am I going to do? If they hurt Daluchi there's no promise I will let them live." I said angrily as I paced my fathers office more angry then I've been in my life.

"Figlio we will figure it out, Daluchi will not get hurt okay. You just need to calm down." My father said as he stood up from his chair and walked over to me to pat my shoulder.

It has been a couple of days since I've seen Daluchi because I was trying to figure this whole situation out without her seeing me so frustrated. However the longer I stayed away from her the angrier I got.

"I think I'm going to go and see her, it's been too long," I muttered as I finally sat down on the long brown leather couch, running my hands through my messy hair.

"Yes, go and see her," was all my dad said as he turned to sit back down, "seeing you all worked up has made your mother anxious these past days. It will be good for you to steady your emotions,"

"Okay, I will be back later." I said as I walked out of the room.

I kept the white shirt and black basketball shorts on and just slipped on some shoes before heading downstairs to say goodbye to my mom before leaving.

I walked by the kitchen and could smell the delicious smell of Osso Buco alla Milanese, no one made this dish better than my mom.

"Mama," I called out before walking over to her and giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Il mio bambino," she stood on her tippytoes and grabbed my cheeks before kissing my face. "Where are you going? I'm making dinner," she pouted.

I looked down at her and smiled, I think one of the reasons I loved Daluchi so much is because she reminded me of my mom. I always wanted a woman who was like my mom.

"I'm going to see my girl," I smiled.

My mom jumped and down with a bright smile, "Mia Noura! You must bring her! I must meet my daughter!" My mom said in her thick Italian accent.

"Mom I don't think she's ready to meet you guys yet-"

She slapped my chest and glared at me, "you can not keep me from seeing my daughter in law, you must bring her for dinner by 7" she said before turning around and continuing to make her food.

All I could do was just shake my head and smile again. What she says goes.

In this family, the women always had the last say, we men were wrapped so tightly around our women's fingers we would do anything to make them happy.

"You bring me my daughter in law or else ti batterò il clip,"

"Yes mama, I will bring her," I sighed before kissing her cheek and leaving the kitchen.

*

*

*

*

30 minutes later

I parked my car in the driveway as I made my way to the door and unlocked it.

I knocked on the door and patiently waited for Daluchi to answer.

However a long time had passed and there was still no answer, I raised my hand to knock again but before I could the door finally opened.

"Luca?" Daluchi asked confused.

I didn't wait to explain anything to her I just picked her up by her waist as she wrapped her legs around me and kissed her beautiful lips.