Her Secret

All the four settled comfortably, Priya and vedika placed the order while Ram was busy texting in his phone.
The lunch was served and they started eating while Shashi and vedika kept the conversation flowing.
Priya tried to serve the dish she ordered for Ram while Ram plainly refused as he was still angry at her.
Taking this as an opportunity, vedika started serving Ram, the dishes she ordered. Ram didn't refuse her as he was being polite. The truth is he didn't feel like eating.
Vedika: what happened Ram? Why are you not eating ? I have ordered all your favourites.
Which made Priya and Shashi to look at her.
Vedika: Mera matlab our favourites were common, so I remember.
Ram : aise kuch nahi. I'm fine.
Ram started eating as he didn't want any attention on him. Priya silently kept looking at him.
Shashi and Ram began speaking about their business.
Vedika: come on guys, stop talking about business. Priya will get bored listening to your business talks as she won't understand anything. Afterall she is from a middle class and not from our business world.
Shashi: you are right. We shouldn't bore you guys with our business talks.
Priya gave a hesistant smile.
Vedika: I am habituated to their business talks Priya. Trust me it is very boring.
Ram looked at vedhika like she is some loon , as he know vedika never know anything about business even when she is from the so called business world while his wife have a pretty good knowledge about business as she did help him sometimes.

He turned to look at his wife who was silently sitting as they had nearly completed their lunch. Ram decided to give vedika a piece of his mind as he felt that she is treating his wife in a disrespectful manner, which he can never tolerate.
Ram: vedika, priya is
Their talk was interrupted by Mr. Mehra.
Mr.Mehra: Hello Mr. Shashi
Shashi: Hello Mr. Mehra, glad to meet  you.Mr. Mehra this is my wife vedika.
Mr. Mehra: Hello vedika, I have never seen you before. It is nice meeting you.
Shashi: Mr. Mehra you never attend any parties. You only attend business meetings. That's why.
Mr. Mehra: what you said was true shashi. I am not a party person.
Shashi and vedika smiled at him.
Mr. Mehra: Just thought of saying hi to you shashi.  Didn't mean to disturb your lunch date. You guys carry on. I will take my leave.
That's when he noticed Priya.
Mr. Mehra: Mrs. Kapoor aap yahan
Priya: hello sir how are you?
Vedika: Do you know priya?
Mr. Mehra: ofcourse
Ram who was silent till now got up and spoke
Ram: Hello Mr. Mehra.
Which made mehra to turn back as he didn't notice him
Mr. Mehra: Mr. Kapoor. What a pleasant surprise?
Ram smiled at him
Mr. Mehra: Mr. Kapoor I never got to meet you after your wife's presentation. Must say she is an incredible women.  Loved the way she carried herself in the meeting. No one will say, it was her first ever meeting. Her confidence level is same as yours in business. You both are made for eachother.
Priya : Sir, this appreciation belongs to Mr. Kapoor as he is responsible for every thing.
Ram: Priya you are being modest here. Thank you Mr. Mehra. Her confidence and independent attitude is what always amazes me.
Mr. Mehra: you are one lucky women Mrs. Kapoor. I can clearly see the proud husband in Mr. Kapoor.
Which made  Ram to smile and Priya to blush a little while vedika was burning at the turn of events.
Mr. Mehra: Anyways It was nice meeting you all.Shashi we will meet tomorrow. You guys carry on.
Shashi: ji Mr. Mehra.
Mr. Mehra went away after bidding them bye.

They settled down to have dessert. Vedika and Priya ordered cheesecake and strawberry mousse respectively while their husbands declined the offer for desserts.
Vedika: I can't believe you are saying no to dessert Ram.
Ram: Actually I'm full vedika.
Soon the dessert was served. Priya passed the strawberry mousse to Ram. Ram was going to take a bite.
Vedhika: Priya, ram hates strawberries. He never eats any dish with strawberry in it. You should have known this by now as you are his wife.
Priya was shocked listening to her as she didn't know that he doesn't like strawberries.
While Ram nonchalantly took a bite from the mousse shocking vedika.
Ram: woh vedika, Now I just love strawberries after I got to taste some super delicious strawberries.
Ram finished it with subtle naughty glint in his eyes which only his wife noticed as it was an inside joke. Her cheeks started heating up due to his antics.
Vedika: I don't understand Ram
Ram: It is simple my preference and choice have changed.
Vedika looked at him little baffled as she his actions are very confusing to her while he took another bite from the mousse.