Limits

Next morning, Ram and Priya were having their breakfast when vedika joined them.
Vedika: good morning Ram
Ram: good morning vedika.
Vedika settled herself in a chair direct opposite to Ram. Priya signalled him to say about Sid.
Ram: vedika do you know about Sid's accident?
Vedika: yeah Ram just now I talked to him.
Ram: how is he?
Vedika: he is fine Ram. Just a minor fracture.
Priya: is there anyone with him to take care ?
Vedika: Priya he is getting treated in one of  the best hospital. He will get everything with a snap of finger. He will atleast have two attendents with him 24/7 to care of his needs.

Priya looked at her bewildered not knowing how to react to her statement. Ram knew what Priya will be thinking so he slightly nudged her with his leg to make her aware of the surrounding seeing her looking at vedika like she had two horns. Priya mentally thanked her husband for bringing her back. She murmured a sorry.
Priya:  That's good to know.
Priya finished her conversation with vedika with that.
Ram: Are you going to see him today?
Vedika: yeah will visit him when I'm free.
Ram: oh okey.

They were about to finish their breakfast when vedika started
Vedika: Ram if you have 5 minutes, can we talk alone?
Ram: vedika shall we talk in evening?
Vedika: Ram this is very important.
Priya: You talk with her, I will get our things from room and come.
Ram agreed to priya while Priya moved towards their room. Vedika took Ram to her room.
Ram: do you want any help vedika?
Vedika: Ram it's not about me
Ram: then
Vedika: it's about aunty.
Ram: aunty?
Vedika your mom Ram
Ram: what about mom?
Vedika: Ram you have changed so much.
Ram: vedika please come to the point.
Vedika: yesterday aunty waited for you to have lunch with you but you didn't joined us, she too left thinking your health is important. Then evening she called you to have snacks with her but you were busy with your friends and at dinner you never came.

Ram looked at her questioningly, while vedika continued.
Vedika: aunty refused to have dinner after knowing you are not joining us. I forced her to have some. Yesterday I was there, so I made her eat. If I was not there, then she would have slept in empty stomach. Today morning, I went to see her, she looked kind of sad. She never told me anything but when I asked her join breakfast she refused saying she wants same rest. she didn't joined for breakfast with us but you never once asked about it.
Ram: it's not like that.
Ram started rubbing his forehead,as he couldn't think properly while vedika kept on making him feel guilty.
Vedika: I'm not trying to interfere Ram, I am just saying how aunty was. She misses you Ram. That's all.  Try to spend some time with her. She won't say this all to you. You just take care of her.
Ram nodded his head and moved out while vedika texted a message to nandhini stating," her work is done".

Meanwhile Priya went to her room, to find her room filled with burning smell. She immediately ran to bathroom and switched off the geyser that her husband forgot to off. She opened all the windows and checked once again before taking her bag,his files and his phone. Priya saw Ram drinking water in the dining hall. She went straightly to him
Priya: Mr. Kapoor how can you be so careless?  Can't you remember a simple thing like switching the geyser off? The room is
Before she can finish, Ram shouted at her angrily.
Ram: I have many important works to do other than switching off a damn geyser Priya. Just stay in your limits. Stop interfering in my li...
Ram didn't complete his sentence seeing her blank face. Ram angrily ran his hands through his hair cursing himself for venting it out on her without any mistake of hers. Priya stood there rooted in her place hearing his hurtful words. she murmured a sorry  and marched into kitchen. Ram was about to follow her when he noticed tharun standing there shocked with breakfast tray in his hands.
Ram: did mom had her breakfast?
Tharun: No sir, she told she will have it later.
Ram got the tray from him and moved towards his mom's room thinking to talk to priya during the ride.

Vedika stood there smirking as their plan worked exactly how they want.

Tharun entered the kitchen to see his bhabhi wiping her tears. He filled a glass of water and gave it to her. Priya thanked him and drank some water.
Priya then handed Ram's things to tharun.
Priya: you give this to your sir.
Tharun: ji bhabhi.
Priya: I'm getting late for my classes. I will go.
Tharun: bhabhi I will ask the driver to bring another car.
Priya just smiled at his concern,
Priya: it's ok tharun, I will manage.
Tharun looked at her sadly, this is the first time he saw her like this. She looked so broken to him. He didn't know what to do.

Ram fed his mother her breakfast assuring her he will always be there for him and he will take care of her. She hugged him with fake tears. Ram bid bye to his mom after asking her to take rest.

Ram came out and shouted for Priya thinking she is in kitchen.
Tharun: bhabhi went
Ram thought she went to their room,
Ram: you go and call her.
Tharun: she went to her workplace. Bhabhi asked me to give this to you.
Tharun gave Ram's file and his phone to him.
Ram: she left? How did she go?
Tharun: bhabhi said she will manage.
Ram closed his eyes feeling frustrated.
Ram was about to walk away when he heard tharun's accusing voice.
Tharun: bhabhi was crying so much.
Ram looked at tharun shocked, tharun simply walked into kitchen after giving Ram a accusing look.

Ram tried calling Priya but it went unanswered. He know she will be in her class. He didn't want to distrub her. He thought to talk to her during lunch time as even both need some space to calm themselves. He immersed himself in his work but her blank face haunted him.

Shubu woke up late and came to dining hall to have his brunch. He had his food talking to his friends on the phone. While tharun stood there contemplating whether to say about morning incident. He had noticed the close bond shubu shared with Priya. He was in his thoughts when shubu shook him.
Tharun: ji sir.
Shubu: what happened to you? Are you fine?
Tharun: sir wohh
Shubu: what?
Tharun: sir
Shubu: what is your problem?
Tharun: sir don't mistake me.
Shubu: tell me
Tharun proceeded to tell how Ram yelled at Priya and how she went alone crying while Ram went to talk to his mom. Shubu stood up from his place angrily.
Shubu: you should have come to inform me .
Tharun: sorry sir.
Shubu: I will see to it.
Tharun: ji sir.

Shubhu thought to talk to his mom to get a clear picture but stood at his mother's doorstep shocked listening to their scheming.
Nandini: I think you have played the right card vedika.
Vedika: I know about Ram better than anyone aunty. He is a fool when it comes to emotions.
Nandini: that's true. You see hereafter he will take care of me.
Vedika: that he will do for sure. Even today morning he left Priya to crying and came to you to feed your breakfast.
Nandini: Mera pyara bacha. I will show that Priya her place. She can't come and rule everything I own.
Vedika: it's matter of time aunty. Priya will leave Ram.
They both started drinking wine toasting to their little victory. Shubu for the first time felt disgusted with his mom. She is playing with his bhai's emotions casually. She had created a misunderstanding between his Bhai and bhabhi with a small matter. He have to be careful. He thought his mother was genuinely helping vedika. Now they both are scheming against the person who does everything for them. He will never allow her to succeed but he can't tell this and hurt his Bhai and bhabhi more. He have to do something before they make more damage in their bhai's life.