Embarrassed

Next morning, Priya woke up to find herself alone in bed. She cursed herself for sleeping due to which she didn't get to say bye to him. She stepped out of the bed but stopped listening to the soft sound of her anklet. She again sat on the bed caressing her anklets remembering the last night. He came just to spend some time with her. She blushed remembering him.
She immediately took her phone to call him.
Ram: Heloo sleepy head
Priya: I'm sorry, I don't know how I slept like a log.
Ram: you looked exhausted,so it's fine to sleep
Priya: you shouldn't have gone without waking me up.
Ram: you were in deep sleep and looking all cute. How can I wake you up?
Priya: aap bhi na. When did you reach there?
Ram: around 7.30 am. Listen biwi I will call you later. The meeting is about to get started. Eat and take rest. Bye.
Priya: bye.
Priya looked at the time, that's when she realised it was 10.45 in the morning. She got shocked seeing the time.
Priya: Maa maa
Meera ma: what happened?
Priya: why didn't you wake me up? It's very late. Now how will I go ?
Meera ma: where you have to go?
Priya: To my work, where will I go otherwise?
Meera ma: didn't you take day off today?
Priya: day off?
Meera ma: Priya, early morning Ram called us as you didn't pick the phone.
When I told you are asleep and then when I was about to wake you, he told me that you have taken a day off today and he forgot that. So asked us to let you sleep without disturbance. He will speak to you later.
Priya stared at her mother silently while Meera was confused with her daughter's behaviour.
Meera ma: what happened to you Priya? why did you take leave today? Are you fine?
Priya: woh today I had only one lecture ma so thought to take leave and rest in home instead of going there. I was little tired with the past week exam works ma.
Meera looked at her daughter surprised as Priya is the one who never takes any leave even when she is sick.
Meera ma: I'm really glad that you are taking care of yourself.
Priya: mein kahan woh toh
Meera ma: what are you murmuring?
Priya: I' m hungry ma
Meera: I will prepare your breakfast. You go and get freshen up.
Priya: ok ma

Priya took her mobile to inform twinkle, that's when she noticed Ram had already texted twinkle about her leave from her phone. Her husband had planned everything in detail. He never cease to amaze me. She smiled and went to freshen up.

Priya sat at the dining table with her breakfast enquiring about others to her mom.
Meera: Sara went to bakery, sandy and neeraj to office, maitri to her friends house, akki for shooting, shivi went for shopping with her friends. Lastly your mama and mami went to a function.
Priya: so totally,only we both are here.
Meera: yes, now eat.
Priya: I have to call brindha ma. It's been 4 days since I talked to her.
Meera: talk to her after completing your breakfast.
Priya nodded and started eating.
At the same time, bri video called her.
Priya: Hi bri, how are you?
Bri: where are you Priya? Do you have class now?
Priya: I'm in home and I'm very much free
Bri: that's fantastic, now coming to the point, Priya you never called me even once after that day at airport.
Priya: I was going to call you after my breakfast.
Bri: don't lie to me. Wait a minute I will add that husband of yours.
Ram: hi Jaan. Hello Priya
Priya smiled at his formal addressing,
Bri: Ram your wife is lying to me.
Ram: Priya why would you lie to my Jaan. It's very wrong, very very wrong.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor don't you dare to instigate bri against me.
Ram: I'm just stating the fact. Haina jaan.
Bri: haan, you are right. Even Ram called me but you didn't call me priya.
Priya: I was going to call you bri.
Ram:jaan how is adi, Kunal?
Bri: adi is here, I will add Kunal. Where is vik.
Priya: don't you have work to do Mr. Kapoor
Ram: we are free for now.
Adi started speaking, soon vik and kunal joined the call, then they had fun in group video call. They were teasing eachother and pulling others leg. After an hour, they ended the call as Ram and vik have to go.

Priya smiled to herself remembering their bickerings. She turned to find her mother smiling at her with a hint of tears in her eyes. They were now sitting in the living room. She never remembered walking over to living room.
Priya: Ma kya hua.
Meera: you are happy.
Priya: Haan ma.
Meera: I'm very happy that you are happy. Ram and his friends loves you very much and adores you.
Priya: you are right ma. You know ma Kunal and shubu are like my bodyguards. Adi and vik respect me very much. Bri woh toh Jaan hai ma like ra I mean Mr. Kapoor calls her.
They will even fight with Mr. Kapoor for me. They are all good peoples ma.
Meera: I'm glad they are in your life.
Priya smiled and placed her head on her mother's lap while her mother softly caressed her head. Soon she went into a deep slumber. Meera softly placed her head in a pillow allowing her to sleep in living room couch after covering her with a blanket while she went to prepare Lunch.