Chapter 97

Diora Johnson-Ashton|Dee
                      Houston, Texas|📍

Todays the day that I drop my grandma off at the airport so she can go back home. It was nice having her around.

I grabbed my purse and keys then headed downstairs. I walked to the guest room she was in and knocked on the door.

"Come in" she said. I opened the door walking in seeing she was zipping up her suitcases.

"Need help?" I asked

"Yes please" she semi smiled.

I grabbed her two suit cases rolling them to the car while she held her tote bag. Tre was out doing something but he said he'll meet us at the airport and the kids are at school. They said bye to Noel this morning before leaving.

I put everything in the trunk before going to grab Bubba and locking up the house. I buckled Bubba in and gave her her pacifier before closing her door then going around to get in.

I got in putting my seatbelt on and my grandma did the same. I pulled off heading to my moms house, where everyone is going to be so they can say bye etc.

Once we pulled up I parked in the drive way then got out grabbing Bubba along with her diaper bag. I helped grandma out then we headed up to the door ringing the doorbell.

My dad opened it and me and grandma walked right past him not saying a word.

"So that's how it is?" he asked and I ignored him.

"Hey everyone" I smiled taking a seat on the couch and placing Bubba in my lap.

Carmen sat down next to me taking Bubba from me.

"We need to talk" she sighed

"Ok?" I said looking at her worriedly. I stood up placing the diaper bag in my seat before grabbing Carmen's hand and heading upstairs to my room. I walked in closing the door behind us.

"What's going on?" I asked watching as she paced around the room holding my baby.

"Me and Dre got in a argument last night and I told him about the miscarriage and now all he does is glare at me. He hasn't said one word to me I tried talking to him this morning but he just ignored me"

"You know how Dre is he expect to be told things the second they happen. You both lost a child the last thing y'all need is to be fighting. If he doesn't wanna listen make him. Lock you both into a room or something and talk" I said

"Thank you. I'm sorry you've lost a child and I'm dwelling about my family problems to you-"

"No stop" I said taking Bubba from her. "Papa has nothing to do with this. Yes I've lost my child but that has nothing to do with our conversation. You just wanted to vent so I let you but let's not bring my deceased child into this" I said walking out the room.

I stood at the top of the stairs wiping my tears before heading back downstairs. I walked in the living room seeing everyone talking.

"Grandma you ready?" I smiled

"Yeah" she nodded

I hugged everyone then grabbed the diaper bag before heading to the door. Once grandma was ready we left out the door going to the car.

"Wait momma let me talk to you" my mom said walking out the house.

"About what?" she asked

"We think you should move out here with us. Your obviously not well and your in Atlanta all alone-"