Chapter 98

Diora Johnson-Ashton|Dee
Houston, Texas|📍

I just made it back to the house tired and exhausted. I walked inside hearing the kids in the living room. I went in the living room taking a seat on the couch.

"Y'all I gotta talk to you guys" I said throwing my head back on the couch

They got quiet looking over at me. I sighed closing my eyes before talking.

"Me and your father are officially getting a divorce" I said watching as they all got up leaving out the living room.

I shook my head taking my ringing phone out my purse.

"Hello" I said

"H-hello" a crying Kim said

"Kim are you okay? What's wrong?" I asked

"T-Tr-Trevon" she cried harder

"What? What's wrong with Tre?" I yelled standing up.

She hung up sending me an address to a hospital.

"Guys let's go now!" I yelled grabbing Bubba and my purse before running out the house. I buckled her up then quickly got in as the kids rushed getting in.

"Your dads in the hospital" I said speeding off to the address.

"Is he okay?" Liyah asked

"I'm not sure we'll find out when we get there"

Once we pulled up to the hospital I parked in the parking garage getting out and grabbing Bubba along with my purse. I rushed inside the hospital with the kids behind me.

"Where's my husband?" I yelled

"Ma'am calm down" the receptionist said

"No where is he?" I asked crying

"What's his fist and last name"

"Trevon Ashton"

"Ma'am he is currently in surgery" she said calmly

"How long has he been in there? Is he going to make it?" I questioned

"About 10 minutes and I wouldn't know sorry" I was about to say something but was cut off by Noah calling me.

I walked over to them letting the kids take a seat. I was to anxious to sit down.

"When and how did this happen?" I asked

"We don't know. He just called us saying you wanted to get a divorce he was drunk driving and hit a tree" Linda said trying to stay calm.

I panicked before rushing outside and pacing back and forth on the side walk. I ran to the nearest trash can throwing up everything I've eaten today.

I pulled out my phone calling my best friend telling her to come up to the hospital and bring a pregnancy test.

I sat outside on the bench while I waited for her. She soon came rushing over to me with everyone with her.

"What happened?" Dre asked

"Tre was drunk driving and got in a car accident" I said.

"Is he okay?"

"They haven't told us anything" I said standing up feeling the urge to throw up again. I rushed to the trash can letting it all out.

Being pregnant is not something I need or want.

"Mommy the doctors ready to talk to us" Mari said. I nodded following behind her as Carmen handed me some gum.

"Is his wife here?" the doctor asked