Chapter 114

Kahmari Ashton| Mari
Tallahassee, FL|📍

Me, Mir and Niyah spent the last week partying our assess off at any parties we could find. Today was finally move in day.

I packed all of my things into my suitcases before leaving a tip for the house keepers then heading to the lobby waiting on Mir and Niyah. While I waited I returned my room key.

They soon stepped off the elevator laughing at something.

"Took y'all long enough" I said rolling my eyes. We took a uber to their campus which was about an hour ride.

Once we pulled up we got out grabbing our things.

"Damn this school is big" Niyah gawked

Me and Mir looked at each other chuckling.

We all headed to the sign in area which was located in the front of the building. There was a bunch of students walking around campus talking or trying to find their dorms with their parents beside them.

"Name?" an older man behind the desk wearing an FAMU hoodie said

"Aniyah Davis and Kahmir Jones" Mir said

"Here you go" he said handing them each a folder "Orientation is at noon in the theater. Your dorm room or apartment assignment is in the folder with your assigned building, house number, and roommate. Lunch starts at one so you can begin moving in after orientation. There is help if you need it. Make sure you are moved in by four so you can attend all the other senior activities" he said

"Okay thank you" Niyah said stepping aside I looked at the time on my phone seeing it was 11:20

"Okay I have to go considering I have to move in too and my campus is three hours away" I said looking up at Mir and Niyah

"Y'all have cars here?" she asked

"Yeah" I said leading the way to the parking lot.

I chirped my car looking around the parking lot for my baby. Once I finally spotted her, rushing over to her hugging her. I stood back admiring my jet black Camaro.

"Mari this you?" Niyah said hyping me up

"Yess bitch" I laughed opening the trunk

I put all of my bags in with help from them and I locked the car back.

"Your cars nice" she smiled

"Thank you" I smiled

"I don't want you to go bestie" Niyah pouted

"I know but I'll be back to visit y'all soon I promise" I said hugging her and Mir

After saying our byes I got in my car pulling off.

The drive was longer than usual since there was a lot of traffic. I pulled up parking in my assigned spot before getting out and grabbing my things. 

I headed to the sign in area. It was packed as usual and I was like the 5th person in line.

After signing in I walked across campus heading to the theatre for orientation. I walked inside looking for a seat but there wasn't any available so I stepped to the side scrolling on my phone as we waited for the orientation to start.

An older black man walked on the stage to the podium. He did a mic check and cleared his throat before speaking "Welcome seniors to your last year of college at Florida A&M University of law. Let this year be full of success and memories." he spoke as people cheered and clapped. "I am Kevin Loret, President of FAMU and I believe in all of you to get through this year strong."