Epilogue

*Thorin's Pov-

Together, Skyrena and I rebuilt life at Erebor with the help of our company, Bilbo, and the dwarves of Dain.  Soon, we were able to send word to our kin that Erebor was our's again.  Some of our kin from the Blue Mountains and the Misty Mountains came and joined our kingdom, including Fili and Kili's mother, my sister, who was overjoyed to see her sons alive and well.  Everywhere, there were heartfelt reunions as we all reunited with our families.

Within a month, we had rebuilt our friendship with the elves of Mirkwood and the remaining men of Lake Town.  I returned the Starlight Gems to King Thraudril, who was so grateful, he swore that, should we ever be in need, he'd come.  We helped the men of Lake Town rebuild Dale and lived in peace with them as our closest neighbor and ally.

Bilbo had left after our first month of peace, wishing to return to his home in the Shire.  He requested that we come visit him every once in a while, for friendship's sake.  I swore that we would, and Gandalf returned him to his home safely.

Skyrena was soon found to be with child.  Less than a year later, a baby girl with soft, raven hair was born.  I knew immediately what Era had meant by being our future child and named her.  However, I knew her journey wasn't over.  Era had warned me about something else that came up in the future, but she never named what it was.  So, we prepared, training our men to fight and hoping that, one day, Era wouldn't face the same fate she'd faced before...