You Didn't Care

When Danny woke up the next morning he was still tired, after they got back Toxin ate all of the leftovers in the fridge. He'd healed him so he was no longer in pain and they went to sleep after that, healed or not they needed sleep. Now Danny was still tired and didn't want to go to school at all, but he'd have to explain what happened to John and Mary if he didn't go.

So he got ready for school and went downstairs to eat breakfast, everyone seemed relieved to see him. He ignored it and sat down, after last night he was done with absolutely everything, he just wanted to eat, go to school, and figure out what the fuck to do now. They knew Prior was the murderer, he'd been tearing off the missing parts of the bodies and eating them.

Now Toxin was angry at himself and they knew Prior would be after them, and their last fight hadn't ended well. They'd been weaker then usual at the time and were more worried about letting the heroes escape but they'd still lost. So they needed to figure out what to do, but Danny was more worried about Toxin at the moment.

He'd been quiet since they got back, Danny could feel a weight in his chest, one he was familiar with. But he knew it was there because of Toxin, he couldn't blame him either, he just had no idea what to do to help. Mary set the food on the table and they all started eating, It took a few minutes for John to start a conversation.

"So, Danny, you didn't come back until pretty late."

Danny immediately got annoyed, "Yeah, because, you know, people usually commit crimes at night, and I stop crimes."

Lucas spoke, "Well something bad happened."

Danny just had an annoyed look on his face, Mary looked worried, "Danny, did something happen?"

"When doesn't something fucking happen?"

Isabella looked a bit nervous, "Was it because of, well, that kid?"

"No, honestly I would be much happier if it was, but life is a fucking bitch."

Lucas had a strange look of his face, "What happened, did someone insult your mother?"

"My mother was a bitch that cared about herself more then anything else, I would insult her before anyone else could try."

John set his fork down and intertwined his fingers with his arms on the table like a father from a movie that was about to have a serious talk with his young son. "What happened Danny?"

Danny didn't like the look on his face or the calm fatherly tone but decided to ignore that for now, "We found the murderer."

Everyone stared in shock, Lucas actually choked on his drink a little, and Isabella almost freaked out, "You did what?!"

Danny glared at her, "Cool it, I assume the twins are still sick and I am tired, in a bad mood, and would gladly punch the first person to seriously annoy me."

Isabella immediately shut up and Mary spoke, "Did you catch him?"

"No, he got away, and Toxin and I barely got there in time to stop him from tearing Kid Flash's head off."

Isabella hesitated, "Is he okay?"

"He's fine, none of them got hurt, aside from their egos maybe."

Lucas looked a little excited, "But who was it, was it someone new?"

Danny immediately looked more pissed and they all froze, "It's a symbiote."

John looked a little confused, "Like Toxin?"

"Yeah, except his own people tried to kill him because he pulled a Hannibal Lecter on a team he was in charge of. Worst fucking part is that Toxin knew the guy and he's now out to kill him because Toxin stopped him after he killed his team."