I Don't Want To Go

When lunch ended Danny was still mad, he hated how complicated this was and Toxin wanted to do something to help but he couldn't. As much as he wanted to he knew Danny needed to figure this out for himself, but Toxin wasn't going to let him go through it alone. As Richard and Danny walked to class after lunch the hero kept giving Danny worried glances.

They got to their class and sat in their seats, there weren't very many people in the room yet which Richard was happy about. Richard whispered to Danny, "Did I make you mad?"

Danny gave him a strange look, "What?"

"You've been mad ever since we talked this morning."

Danny rubbed his eyes, "No, you didn't make me mad, it's complicated and I'm not talking about it."

Richard looked a little worried, "Danny, you don't have to talk about it but I just want, no I need you to know, that none of us regret meeting you, at all."

Danny sighed and messed up his hair in frustration, then the bell rang and people started quickly making their way into the classroom. That was the end of the conversation and Danny had no idea what to do now, how could one person do all of this to him? He frustrated him and made him happy and unsure and a number of other things he didn't think should be able to exist at the same time.

He was tired of fighting all of it, of denying it and getting pissed off, after years he was tired of not trusting anyone. He just wanted it to stop, it would be easier if he had a reason to hate them but he didn't, aside from them annoying him constantly. He felt Toxin shift a little in his chest, in a weird way it made him feel better but he couldn't say why.

Danny didn't focus on his classes at all, instead Toxin talked with him and it made him feel better. So when the end of the day rolled around he didn't look like he'd kill someone, he just looked like he might send them to the hospital. When he saw the others standing by his locker as he and Richard walked over he got suspicious.

Isabella smiled, "Hi Danny."

"What the fuck are you planning?"

They all paused, Barbara spoke, "Why do we have to be planning something?"

"Because your always planning something, and I usually feel like punching something by the end of it."

They glanced at each other and Danny didn't look happy, he put some of his stuff in his locker and then closed it and walked outside. The others immediately ran after him and Artemis spoke, "Okay fine, yes we're planning something but it's not that bad."

"Like the other things you were planning weren't that bad?"

They remembered the last time they'd actually planned something, it ended with Danny getting shot. Sure they had no idea that would happen but Danny had been mad the whole time both before and after that. Isabella spoke, "Look I know you don't like these plans but I promise this won't be that bad."

Danny clearly didn't believe her, when he looked at the others he say the looks on their faces, they were hoping he'd agree to go with them. Danny didn't look happy, "Fine, but if you piss me off enough I'm leaving."

They had a feeling this would definitely piss him off but they were hoping he'd still stick around, though they weren't holding their breaths. Isabella and Artemis started leading them and Lucas and Barbara were right there with them. Richard, however, walked next to Danny because after what happened last time he wanted to keep an eye on him.

He still looked a bit mad but not as mad as Richard thought he would, he took that as a win since he didn't get many of those with Danny. They finally got to the shop they'd been heading to and Danny didn't look happy, "You've got to be fucking kidding me."

Isabella laughed nervously, "Um, surprise?"

It was a dress shop, though they sold suits too and Danny was already catching onto what they were doing. Toxin growled, 'I hate this.'

Danny definitely shared his sentiment, the others headed in and Richard grabbed his hand, he gently pulled him into the shop. Danny still hated this but he didn't fight him, Richard could feel himself blush just a little and hoped Danny didn't notice. Danny, however, did notice and Toxin spoke, 'Is he blushing, why is he blushing?'

Danny wasn't entirely sure but that made him suspicious too, and for a completely different reason. They walked into the shop and Isabella was already talking to a couple of workers who quickly started pulling out a few dresses. One of them spoke, "Sorry, we don't have a lot of great dresses right now since prom is tomorrow for one of the local schools but we still have some good dresses."

Artemis spoke, "We need suits too."

The second worker looked at Richard, Lucas, and Danny, "For those three?"

Danny immediately spoke, "Nope, not happening, fuck that."

Barbara spoke, "Oh come on, why not?"

"I thought I made it very clear that I think dances are stupid and I'm not getting dressed up for something I think is pointless."

The workers seemed to decide they didn't want to get in the middle of this so they went to find some dresses and suits. Isabella spoke, "Oh come on Danny."

"No."

"Just one?"

"No."

"Just one suit, one, then you don't have to try any others on."

"What part of no do you not understand, I'm not putting on a damn suit so you can stop asking, it's not happening."

Isabella looked disappointed and Richard pulled Danny away when the workers came back and talked to the others. "Danny, I know you think this is stupid-."

"So your finally getting it now?"

"But can you try one, just one, no one has to see it you can just put it on and immediately take it off. If it doesn't fit you don't have to try another one, if it does, fine, great, but no one has to see it."

"Why do you even care, you can go with them and I don't want to go, why do you give a shit?"

Richard took a breath, "Danny, I know you don't want to go but I still want you there, even if it's just for a little bit. You don't have to dance or talk to anyone and we'll try not to bother you too much, you can just sit at a table and eat if you want. But I still want you there and so do they, we know you don't want to but even if you go for a few minutes we'll be happy."

Danny still didn't look too happy but after a minute he sighed, "Fine." Richard was shocked, he was about to speak but Danny cut him off, "One suit, none of you are seeing it. I will go to this stupid prom but I will not talk to anyone and if I decide to leave and someone tries to stop me I will not be happy."

Richard smiled, "I think we can live with that."

Richard talked to one of the workers and she handed him a suit, he gave it to Danny who then went into one of the dressing rooms and slammed the door shut. Everyone in the shop flinched, thankfully it was just the few workers and the group of teenagers so it hadn't bothered many people.

Once Danny was in the dressing room Toxin spoke, 'Why are you doing this?'

"I'm not even sure, he asked and I really wanted to say no."

Toxin made a noise between a sigh and a growl, 'Fine, I suppose I can deal with it as long as I get food.'

"Look on the bright side, if we want to leave we can, not like anyone can stop us."

Toxin laughed a little, 'That is true, but I am glad you agreed, this may be good for you, and if it is not we can leave and do something else.'

Danny smiled a little, then he put on the suit and took it off, when he was dressed again he walked back out and tossed the suit to Richard. "It fits, I'm going outside."

None of them tried to stop him, he looked like he might try to kill them if they did and they didn't think pushing their luck would be a good idea. Danny went outside and took a breath, he was just glad he had Toxin with him, and Richard didn't make things worse either.