I Won't Let Them

Richard and Danny finally got to class and Danny immediately wrote a message, 'Why are you being so quiet?'

Toxin spoke, 'I was watching, you seem to be happier today.'

Danny paused, he didn't think he seemed happier but he wasn't in as bad of a mood as he usually was. He was sure that was because he could go out and knock a few heads but he wasn't going to admit it. The bell rang and Danny was irritated because of it, then the teacher walked in and he completely zoned out.

He finally got over being sick but he still had a Symbiote and a bunch of prying teenagers to deal with. But the worst part was the fact that he had to worry about the government, he had to keep them off his back before but now it was more serious. If he got caught he wasn't the only one going down, he had an idea of what they wanted to do with Toxin and he didn't like it.

They'd have to keep a low profile, taking out petty criminals wasn't too bad but major villains might draw too much attention. Toxin spoke, 'You are thinking about what will happen if we are found.'

Danny wrote his response, 'Yeah, and it wouldn't be good, that's why we need to lay low, at least for a while.'

'Fine, but what if they do find us and come after us, what then?'

'Then we have to leave, if we get caught it might as well be a death sentence.'

'But what about everyone here, won't they be sad if you leave?'

'They won't be surprised, why do you think I keep pushing them away?'

Toxin was silent, Danny would admit that he pushed people away and it was on purpose, he wasn't going to give them a reason to hurt him. But if something happened to him or he had to leave they wouldn't care, they'd probably be glad he was gone. The class finally ended and he had to make it through three more before it was finally lunch and he could get a break.

He got his food and sat at an empty table, meanwhile Richard met up with Artemis and whispered to her. "I think I found something on the guy we're looking for."

She looked confused, "What did you find?"

"A woman apparently ran into the police station last night, some guy tried to mug her but a guy with white hair and green eyes saved her."

"So the guy is stopping petty criminals, why?"

Richard shrugged, "I have no idea, but if we can find him you can ask."

Artemis rolled her eyes and Danny thought to himself, so they were both looking for him which meant their team probably was. He knew about their team but really wasn't that worried about them, he was more concerned with the League. From what he knew they were the ones that gave the team missions which meant they were looking for them too.

At least he had a heads up but this could complicate things, they'd have to keep an eye out for them. Toxin spoke, 'We will have to be careful, we have enough to deal with already.'

Danny nodded and continued eating, and of course the others sat down around him which he found irritating. He glared at them, "You really need to stop doing this."

Isabella smiled, "We're not going to give up Danny."

He just glared at her, Toxin spoke, 'They are very persistent.'

Danny didn't respond but if he could he'd agree with Toxin, he couldn't get five minutes to himself. But they'd eventually give up and he'd be left in peace to do whatever he wanted, hopefully it happened soon. Lucas was the one that broke the silence that settled over the table, "You look better, are you not sick anymore?"

Danny was getting more irritated, he didn't want to answer questions about his health, or any questions for that matter. "It's none of your business."

Barbara spoke, "How is it not our business?"

"It's not your business because you don't care anyway."

Danny got up since he was already done eating and left, he went outside and silently cursed everything. Danny knew that Toxin wanted to say something but wasn't sure what, after several minutes Toxin spoke. 'You don't want them to get hurt, but what if you hurt them?'

Danny sighed, "It'll be better in the long run, if they hang around me they'll get hurt more and it'll be worse then anything I'll do."

'But we could protect them.'

"This is protecting them, they won't be in danger at all this way."

'But you are not giving them a choice in this.'

"No, because I'd have to tell them about not only my past but you too and I'm not letting anyone hurt you."

Toxin was silent for a few seconds, 'I will not let anyone hurt you either, and if they do I will not let them get away with it, and I'm sure they feel the same way.'

Danny was silent, he waited until the bell rang to go back inside and head to class, Richard didn't get a chance to talk to him before class started. Danny didn't say or do anything as he thought, he wanted to just ignore what Toxin said but he couldn't. He knew Toxin was telling the truth, he could feel it, and he couldn't remember a time when someone wanted to help him.

The only exceptions were some of the kids he was with in different foster homes or at the orphanage. But not all of them were like that, some of them ignored it and some of them went out of their way to be cruel. He hated this, before he knew that people were going to hurt him and he could find a way to stop it.

But now he didn't know what they wanted, he didn't know when they were going to hurt him or how, or if they would. Richard kept glancing at Danny and he knew something was wrong, he looked frustrated and tired at the same time. He wanted to do something to help but he couldn't do anything right now but he'd talk to Danny as soon as he could.