A Good Match

Danny messed up his hair in frustration and sighed, "Okay, so what happened back there, when we were fighting those guards."

'I am hungry, I want food first.'

Danny rolled his eyes, he snuck out of his room and into the kitchen and found some food in the fridge. He was guessing that whatever he ate Toxin ate too, so he ate for a minute or two before speaking, "Okay, so what happened back there?"

Toxin got a bit annoyed, 'Fine, I am able to take over my host when I want to, I took over your body.'

Danny sighed, "Okay, but why do you need a host?"

'I can not survive in your atmosphere, there is too much oxygen.'

"So you jumped into the nearest person you could find."

'Exactly, but you turned out to be the perfect host for me, I can not survive in just any host, you are a very good match.'

Danny rubbed his eyes, "Okay, look, we've got a better chance of staying out of that place if we stick together. If you need a host to stay alive you can stay but we need to work together, at least until we can figure out what the hell to do."

Toxin was a bit irritated at the thought and growled, 'Fine.'

"Great, and before I pass out or something I'm going to bed."

Danny cleaned up his mess from eating and went up to the room he was staying in to sleep, he was tired. The next day he was woken up by Mary for school and he wanted to punch something, Toxin spoke, 'Who is that?'

"Mary, why does it matter?"

Toxin was silent, Danny stood up and he felt a little dizzy, and sick, he took a second to breathe before he started to get ready. He went into the bathroom to change his bandages and when he unwrapped his hand he froze, the injuries were gone. He unwrapped his shoulder, the bandages around the bullet wounds, they were all just gone.

Danny was not happy, "What the fuck?"

Toxin spoke, 'I healed your injuries, they were not good for either of us.'

Danny groaned, "At least warn me next time you do that, and we're going to have to set some ground rules soon."

Toxin grumbled and Danny threw away the bandages, he left the bathroom and went downstairs to find the others eating breakfast. Toxin growled, 'Food.'

Danny ignored him and begrudgingly sat down to eat, the others were talking and Danny had no intention of joining in on the conversation. Toxin spoke again, 'Who are these people?' Danny quietly sighed but didn't answer and Toxin got irritated, 'Danny, don't ignore me.'

Danny was getting really irritated, he got up and left the room, "Toxin, when I'm around people I can't answer you."

'Why?'

"Because people will think I'm crazy, well crazier."

Toxin growled in irritation, 'Fine.'

Danny sighed, "During school or something I can write my responses, but only during class."

Toxin was quiet for a minute, 'I can live with that.'

Danny couldn't help but laugh just a little and by the time he went back into the kitchen it was almost time to leave. Danny grabbed something quick to eat and went to grab his backpack, they all got in the car and Danny stared out the window. When they finally got to school Isabella, Lucas, and Danny went inside, Danny went to his locker and put his stuff away.

Then he heard a voice, "Hey Danny."

He didn't need to look to know that it was Richard, he closed his locker, "What?"

Richard took one look at his face and immediately became concerned, "Hey, are you okay, you look sick."

Richard put his hand on Danny's forehead and Danny hit his hand away, "I'm fine."

"You're burning up, that's not fine."

Danny just glared at him and walked away, Toxin spoke, 'What was that?'

Danny whispered, "Shut up."

Richard caught up to him, "Danny, I'm just worried, you shouldn't be at school if you're sick."

"I'm not sick."

Richard sighed, he knew Danny wouldn't admit it if he was sick nor would he listen to reason. "Fine, just try to get some sleep when you get home, and take it easy, please."

Danny seemed a little less annoyed now, "I'm not making any promises."

Richard smiled a little, that was the closest he'd get to Danny saying he'd try so he would take it as a win. They walked into class and Danny took out a notebook, he could feel Toxin's confusion and was very glad when class started. Toxin spoke almost as soon as the teacher started, 'What was that?'

Danny wrote his answer, 'What was what?'

'Your heart rate sped up, you were happy he was concerned but you pretended to be annoyed.'

Danny felt irritated now, 'I wasn't pretending.'

'Not completely, you don't like it when people are concerned about you but you do like it when he's concerned.'

'No I don't.'

'You're lying, you like him.'

Danny was getting frustrated, as much as he wanted to hide it from Toxin he knew he couldn't, 'Even if I do he doesn't like me, so drop it.'

Toxin got annoyed too but didn't see the point in arguing about it right now, they were both quiet as they listened to the teacher. Toxin growled, 'This is boring.'

Danny quietly sighed, 'Very.'

Toxin was very unhappy about the fact that they were stuck in school but Danny almost found it funny, at least this made school less horrible.