Think About It

When Danny woke up he was a little tired, of course that wasn't a surprise since he'd spent most of the night chasing a murderer. Toxin seemed perfectly fine which was good, if he was right and Toxin chose to sleep he'd be fine. Danny forced himself to get out of bed and he got dressed, he let himself wake up more while he ate breakfast.

Isabella was texting someone very quickly but he didn't care enough to ask, he just ate and finished getting ready for school. He found the bullies near the gate and one glare from him made them leave and find somewhere else to go. Toxin growled, 'They better be scared of you.'

Danny whispered, "They should be scared of us, after what you did yesterday."

'It was fun, and they deserved it.'

Danny smiled just a little but it disappeared when he walked into the school, there was confetti on the floor. He walked to his locker and found that someone had stuck more decorations on it, he immediately threw them in the trash. He opened his locker and put some of his things away, Richard appeared at his side, "Uh, did something happen?"

Danny gave him a very irritated look and Richard looked worried, "Did Izzy or Lucas say something?"

"Nope, someone stuck decorations to my locker again, a lot of them, and they were pink."

Richard gave him a small smile, "Do you have something against the color pink?"

"I do when someone sticks it on my locker."

Danny started walking to class and Richard caught up to him, "You know, it's nice hearing you call it your locker."

Danny didn't look amused, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"I just mean it kind of makes you think maybe you will stay, because you're calling it your locker."

Danny glared at him a little, "Don't push your luck."

They walked into their class and Richard sat in front of him despite that not being his seat, "So back to the decorations, does that mean you still don't like prom?"

"Don't like is a nice way of putting it, I hate it."

"So you wouldn't go?"

"No."

"But what if someone did want to go with you?"

"Doesn't matter because no one does."

"But what if you went with a group?"

Danny looked irritated and leaned closer, "Not even if you paid me."

Danny then leaned back in his seat, Richard felt himself blush when Danny got closer to him. His breath was actually cool and Richard hadn't noticed just how blue Danny's eyes were until then. They were a deep blue, he didn't think he'd ever met someone with such dark blue eyes like that and he knew a lot of people with blue eyes.

Even when Danny moved away he was hung up on his eyes, he soon snapped himself out of it and looked at Danny. "Are you telling me you would never go to prom?"

"Give me one good reason why I should."

Richard looked away for a second and he hesitated, "Because I want you to go." The bell then rang and Richard moved to his own seat, he glanced at Danny, "Just think about it."

Danny didn't move, when he'd leaned closer to Richard he noticed that his eyes were a clear blue with a look of playful innocence. It wasn't arrogance by any means, they were eyes that knew what the world was but they still looked at it with hope. When Richard said he wanted him to go to the dance he paused, hell be completely froze because he hadn't expected that.

He hadn't expected anyone to want him to go let alone Richard, it made his heart skip a beat one second and beat quicker the next. He felt his face heat up a little which was not normal for him, then Toxin spoke, 'I really was right wasn't I?'

The bell rang for class to start and Danny rubbed his eyes before he took out his notebook and wrote his response. 'Right about what?'

'You like him.'

Danny didn't move for a few seconds, he could try to argue but how can you really argue with someone that was in your head? He finally wrote his response, 'I hate everything.'

'That's not a no.'

Danny wanted to hit his head on the desk, or punch something, hell he wasn't even sure what he wanted to do anymore. He didn't respond to Toxin, what the hell was he supposed to say, he liked Richard but didn't want to tell him because he might hate him if he did? He didn't want to get any closer to him because if he had to leave it would hurt and he didn't want to risk hurting Richard too?

He went through the rest of his morning classes feeling frustrated and defeated, he was angry at himself and had no idea what to do now. He'd gotten closer to Richard then he had to anyone in years, the only exception would be Toxin but he hadn't needed to tell him about his past or anything else about himself.

He actually told Richard about a few of his scars, even about one of the brands and actually let him touch it. If anyone else had tried he would have gotten pissed at them and yelled at them, he hadn't even moved away from Richard. The more he thought about it the more he realized he was fucked, he was completely and royally screwed.

When it was finally lunch he heard Barbara speak, "I'm pretty sure he was there but I don't know how he could have gotten past me."

Artemis spoke, "Maybe he left just before you got there?"

"But there was a sound, someone kicked a bottle on the roof and there weren't any animals either."

Richard spoke, "We still don't know much about this guy or what he can do, for all we know he could have powers that he used to get away."

Artemis looked at him, "If he has powers why didn't he use them when we fought him?"

Richard thought for a second, "Maybe he didn't need to."

Artemis and Barbara looked at each other, they sat at the table with the others and Danny looked like he'd stab them if they pissed him off at all. Isabella looked concerned, "Are you okay Danny?"

"You don't want to know the answer to that, and if you keep asking questions it won't end well."

Toxin growled, he knew none of them would hurt Danny but he was already dealing with a lot in his own head. He didn't want anyone making things worse for his host, Danny could feel him shifting and he seemed agitated. The others looked at each other, they weren't sure what happened but it clearly wasn't good.

Richard was concerned, Danny hadn't seemed too happy since he talked to him that morning and wondered if he said something that upset him. When the others weren't paying attention he moved just a little closer to Danny, he knew it wouldn't help but he didn't know what else to do. Danny hated this, he wanted to make this stop but he didn't know how, and he was so tired of not knowing what to do.