We Didn't Do This

Danny never thought he would be glad to be back at the foster home but this time he was and that surprised both him and Toxin. Danny tossed his stuff in the corner of his room and laid down on his bed, he was done with everything. After being constantly reminded of prom and making sure no one was following them back to the foster home he was both tired and annoyed.

He decided to take a nap and Toxin seemed all too happy to do the same, he was pretty sure Symbiotes did sleep, or Toxin chose to. Danny fell asleep and when he woke up it was because John was knocking on his door because dinner was ready. He got up and rubbed his eyes, he could feel how sluggish Toxin was so he was guessing he didn't want to wake up just yet.

Danny walked downstairs and sat down, he was silent as he ate and the others were talking but he saw several of them look at him. They'd been doing that ever since he got shot, it was annoying which was why he was trying to finish his food quickly. He finished in less then five minutes and immediately left to go to his room, now to wait until it got dark.

Toxin had managed to wake himself up while Danny was eating and he spoke, 'You are not happy.'

"Nope."

'They are just worried about you, they still think you are injured.'

"That's not the point, I've been shot before and they know that, and if I haven't had any problems by now they shouldn't be worried, who would honestly be worried about me anyway?"

Toxin growled a little, 'I would!' Danny was silent, 'You are my host, you helped me and you are protecting me. You insist that you are not a good person but you are kinder then most of the humans I have seen, and I do not want you to get hurt.'

Danny sighed and looked out the window, it was almost completely dark now, "You're one weird guy."

'Maybe, but it does not change what I said, you are the first real friend I have had in a very long time.'

Danny stayed silent for a minute, "You know a lot about me but I don't know much about you."

'I don't talk about my past much.'

"Why?"

Toxin made a noise somewhere between a sigh and a growl, 'I am not like other Symbiotes, most of them are built for strength, I am not.'

"Okay but what does that mean, I can't look into your mind so you've got to explain this stuff to me."

Toxin was silent for a few seconds, 'I am much smaller then other Symbiotes, to survive I had to learn how to use my speed against the others. I became a good fighter but no one liked me, I was shunned by my own kind simply because of my size. There was one that did not seem to hate me but I have not seen him in years, for all I know he could be dead.'

Toxin went quiet and Danny sighed, "You know you don't have to tell me about this stuff if you don't want to."

It felt like Toxin shook his head, 'I became part of a small team, these teams are formed to learn about new planets. Once we learn how to survive and find food we bring other Symbiotes, when I got to Earth I had to find a host. The first was a normal person, worked a normal job but they didn't get much respect from others.'

'The second was a police officer, the first started to die but they had a chance of surviving if I left, the officer was the nearest person. They lasted for about two weeks before I was forced to leave, then I somehow ended up here and got captured. I could not leave, the ones that captured me tried learning about me but they were idiots, they learned very little.'

'Then you came along, you are different from the other humans, the first was convinced others were the reason his life was as bad as it was. The second accepted bribes from people to look the other way while they broke the laws he'd sworn to protect. But you fight not just for yourself but for others, you stopped the orphanage because of the other children they were hurting.'