Be Safe

That night at dinner Danny ate more then usual, now that they knew Danny had Toxin to feed too they weren't surprised. Of course the twins didn't suspect anything, they were telling John and Mary about what they did at their friend's house. When Danny was done eating he started heading up to his room, Richard got up and followed him.

They got to the top of the stairs and Richard grabbed his hand, "You're going to go looking for that murderer aren't you?"

"Are you going to try to stop me?"

"No, I just wanted to tell you to be safe."

"I'll be fine, at least I won't be alone."

"Still, just be safe, I'd rather not have my boyfriend die the same day we start dating."

"Yeah I'd at least like to last until after our first date, trust meat the very least I'm not going down without a fight."

Richard couldn't help but smile a little, he knew Danny could handle himself and with Toxin he was terrifying if you got on his bad side. He kissed Danny, "I'll see you when you get back."

"You better not, if you're awake that late I will be pissed."

"Just go kick some ass already."

Danny gave him a small smile before going to his room and closing the door, Richard went back downstairs and Danny escaped through his window. He headed straight into the city and searched, Toxin spoke, 'It is strange having others know about us.'

"That I will agree with, but at least we're not in a cell right now."

'And you finally told Richard how you feel, took long enough.'

"Hey!"

Toxin laughed and Phantom shook his head, they continued searching and stopped some criminals along the way. In the middle of tying someone up they heard a sound that they knew meant trouble for them, they hid and got to the rooftop just in time. The batmobile stopped in front of the criminal they tied up and Batman got out to look him over.

Clearly the guy was still breathing and he was completely fine aside from being knocked out, but he obviously hadn't done it. Robin was staying with friends and taking a break after what happened at his school and he didn't blame him. Batgirl was doing the same and all of this meant someone was running around stopping criminals in his city.

The team was searching the city but he'd told them to report any criminals they stopped and this wasn't one of them. He'd been getting reports of random petty criminals getting caught by someone but he had no idea who was doing it or why. The criminals either wouldn't talk or hadn't seen who caught them, he was guessing the ladder because even he couldn't get it out of them.

So that left him with a lot of questions, and he didn't like knowing who was in his city or what they wanted. Phantom quietly slipped away and soon found another body, this one was a kid, he was guessing they were in middle school. He growled to himself and called the police to report the body, he stayed with the body until the police got there.

After the police got there Batman arrived on the scene, he hadn't been far from here too long ago and now there was a body. It was like the others, the head torn off with something else missing, in this case it was all of the organs. He knew who'd done it, the teen with white hair, and the fact that he was capable of doing this made him worse then he thought.

Men and women were one thing but a child was another, anyone that could do this was a monster and he knew this teen needed to be stopped. Meanwhile, Phantom kept searching the city and he suddenly stopped on a rooftop, that team of young heroes was below him. He stayed out of sight and listened, hopefully he could figure out what they were planning.

Aqualad spoke, "Batman informed me that there is someone talking down criminals in Gotham, he has asked us to keep a look out."

Kid Flash spoke, "If Rob here here he'd say it was that guy we've been chasing."

Superboy clearly didn't believe it, "And he's wrong, we found him with a body."

Miss Martian spoke, "Well Robin believes it, we just have to prove it is him."

Aqualad spoke, "We will split into pairs and search the city, and look out for anyone stopping criminals, Batman will want to know about it."

They all nodded and split into pairs, Phantom stayed hidden as they left and he made sure to avoid them like the plague. He found another body, a woman, but that was the only other thing he found so he went went home and slipped in through his window. He entered the room and changed back before sneaking downstairs to get food for Toxin.

When he did he found Richard, Artemis, and Barbara waiting for him at the table, he clearly wasn't happy about it. He went to the kitchen and grabbed the leftovers and chocolate, he sat at the table and started eating. Artemis spoke, "What's with the chocolate?"

Danny looked at her, "Phenethylamine."

Artemis and Barbara looked confused and Richard answered their unasked question, "It's a chemical in the human brain, it's also found in chocolate."

"Toxin needs it, it stops him from going insane, he also eats adrenaline and I tend to have a lot of that."

Richard seemed to realize something, "Wait, so the fact that you get angry a lot actually helps keep him alive? Wow, I guess that's one of the few times getting angry all the time is a good thing."

"When you have a Symbiote living in your body that you want to keep alive yes it is."

Barbara spoke, "Okay, weird food needs aside what happened?"

"Found two more bodies, one was a woman, the other was a kid, looked like he was eleven or twelve."

They were quiet for a few seconds, Artemis spoke, "Did you call the police?"

"I always do, despite your assumptions about me I don't kill people, I'm not just going to leave a body there like that."

Barbara and Artemis looked away, Richard didn't because he'd never believed Danny was the killer. Danny kept eating and Barbara spoke, "Did you find out anything?"

"Batman thinks there's another person in Gotham stopping criminals and that team of yours has gone back to splitting up to look for me."

Artemis spoke, "You don't seem concerned."

"I'm not, I beat your whole team and didn't even have to use my powers, I've gotten out of worse situations before."

The three looked at each other and Richard spoke, "If anything happens we'll help, but try to be careful."

"What do you think I've been doing?"

Richard gave him a slightly amused smile, Toxin spoke, 'They really think we haven't been careful this whole time? We have the government, the League, a team of young heroes, and likely the police by now looking for us and they think we haven't been careful?'

"I don't know buddy, I don't pretend to know what people are thinking."

Artemis sighed, "Okay, I'm going to bed."

Artemis left and Barbara followed her, after they were gone Richard sat next to Danny and hugged him which surprised the halfa. "Whatever happens I've got your back okay?"

"I know, now go get some sleep, you're going to need it since you have to go home tomorrow and you'll have to deal with Batman and that team of yours."

Richard laughed a little because he knew it was true, at the very least Batman wasn't going to be happy about someone stopping criminals in his city. He kissed Danny and kept hugging his for a few seconds, Danny hugged him back and the hero soon got up and went to the living room to sleep.

Danny cleaned up his mess and went to his room to sleep, it had been a rough night.

*****

Finally got this done! With the intention of asking a question afterward. I'm thinking about starting a patreon and I'd like to know if any of you are interested in it. If you want details just leave a comment, suggestions for perks are welcome but I may not use all of them. No one has to vouch for it but if you do want to I can post a link with the next chapter for you guys to check out. Thanks guys!