Death Wish

Danny woke up the next morning already feeling pissed off, he knew what was happening that day and he hated it. He laid there for a few minutes hating everything before Toxin spoke, 'You will have to get up sooner or later.'

Danny sighed, "Doesn't mean I have to like it."

He got up and Toxin shifted, 'At least you will not be alone.'

"Yeah that's true, but that means you'll suffer with me."

Toxin was silent, Danny could feel how disgruntled he was when he heard that and he forced himself not to laugh. He went downstairs and ate breakfast, he ate a bit quicker then normal but he also ate more. The others were talking about the dance so they didn't notice, Mary wanted to take pictures of them before they left.

Danny was not going to let her take pictures of him, if she tried he was going to be pissed and leave before she could. Danny went back up to his room and changed into his school uniform, when it was time to go they all got in the car. The others were still talking about the dance and Danny wanted to hit something, he was sick of hearing about the stupid dance.

As soon as the car stopped in front of the high school he quickly got out and went inside even when they tried to call him back. He practically threw his stuff into his locker and he slammed it closed, "Geez, what happened?"

Danny glared at Richard, "I'll give you one guess."

"I'm going to say they talked about the dance until you felt like punching something."

"That's the short version."

Danny started walking to class and Richard quickly caught up, "How about I promise not to talk about the dance around you until the actual dance?"

"That just means you don't have a death wish."

"You're really annoyed by this aren't you?"

"That is a serious understatement."

The two walked into class and sat down, Richard looked at Danny, "We can talk about literally anything else if you want to."

"Like what, homework, the latest gossip, normal school shit, I'd rather tear my own eyes out."

"Is there anything you do want to talk about?"

"Not to you." Richard looked a little hurt and Danny wanted to say something, he quickly stopped himself before he could. No matter what he said it would either be a lie or make things worse, he didn't want to do either of those things so he stayed silent.

Richard glanced at Danny and he could tell something was bothering him but he didn't know what, it worried him. The bell rang and they were both silent, when class started Danny wrote in his notebook like he always did. Richard got the feeling that he wasn't writing notes, he wrote in it during every class and never seemed to pay attention to the lessons.

He wondered what he was writing but never asked in case Danny didn't want to talk about it, he'd tell him if he wanted him to know. In their third class they had a test, one Danny finished within twenty minutes and Richard had no idea what to think. The teacher started grading it immediately and based on how she graded it Danny did pretty well but he didn't seem to care.

The more time Richard spent with him the more curious he was about him, Danny was a strange person but not in a bad way. At some point Richard just stared at Danny while trying not to make it obvious, if Danny noticed he didn't react to it. The two were quiet the whole day, other people were happily talking about the dance with each other, they were silent.

Richard lost Danny when lunch rolled around, he didn't talk to Artemis and Barbara like he usually did. Something about Danny's behavior that day was bothering him, he was worried but he didn't even know why. Danny was thinking to himself when the others sat down, he was annoyed but chose to keep thinking to himself.

Now that worried all of them, Danny was clearly mad but he wouldn't even snap at them which wasn't like him. Artemis texted Richard under the table, 'Do you know what's up with him?'

Richard read the text and responded, 'He's annoyed with everyone talking about the dance, but I think something else is wrong too.'

Danny could tell Richard and Artemis were texting each other but couldn't be brought to care, he wanted today to be over. Toxin spoke, 'You are thinking about who or what the murderer could be.'

Danny couldn't respond but he didn't need to, they both knew he was right and it was driving Danny crazy. Of course they both wanted to know who was doing this but Danny was mad because he couldn't figure it out. Neither of them knew what could be doing this and all of their guesses had things wrong with them.

Everyone at the table looked concerned, Lucas was the brave soul that spoke first, "Um, are you okay Danny?"

"I'm not talking about it and if anyone tries to make me I can't promise that I won't stab something."

They looked at each other, so something was definitely wrong but he clearly didn't want to talk about it and they didn't want to make him more mad. In the end they left him alone, when the bell rang Danny immediately stood up and left, Richard followed him. Richard was quiet for second, "I just want to tell you now so you know, Barbara, Artemis, and I are going to meet up with you guys at the foster home."

"So I've heard, and if anyone tries to drag me into pictures I will break the camera."

Richard sighed, "Yeah I expected that, I'll try to make sure no one drags you into pictures."

"Good, because it won't end well."

Richard smiled a little, "And we're not going to push our luck, I'm still surprised you agreed to go but I won't question it."

Danny was silent, he'd only agreed to go because of Richard, otherwise he would have died long before even thinking about going. They both went to class and sat in silence, it was a surprisingly comfortable silence so they didn't want to break it. When the day was finally done Danny was glad, but there was still the dance to think about which he hated.

Isabella and Lucas talked to the others about meeting at the foster home, Danny didn't stick around so they ran to catch up. When they got back to the foster home Isabella and Lucas immediately started getting ready. Danny tried to set his suit on fire with his mind, if he had a fire core he might have succeeded, time to face the music, literally.

*****

Hello everyone! Today is my birthday and as a present to you guys I'm posting an especially long chapter tomorrow. It's also a bit of an apology for this one being shorter so I hope you guys like it.