Chapter 10: Finding the Perfect Material

Ventusmens (Month 9) 8, 1614 Central Calendar, 14:30

Runepolis Magic Academy

The class was over on the first day of school, and the blonde-haired student, Nadia Smirnova, headed to another classroom with a smile on her face. She was practically skipping along the way, followed by her two friends who were struggling to keep up with her pace. When she arrived at Class 3-A, Nadia looked around, trying to find the very noticeable silver hair of a certain boy.

"Haah... haah... Nadia, what was that for?" One of her friends, a redhead named Sofia, asked.

"I think... I know why she's in such a chipper mood..." whispered Nadia's other friend, a bespectacled girl named Annette, while trying to regain her breath.

While the crowd of students leaving the classroom thinned, Meteos was still nowhere to be seen. Eventually, she spotted Walman, who is the last one to leave the room. Her smile fell as they made eye contact. Seeing this, Walman sighed and walked up to the girls, already knowing why Nadia was here.

"He's not here, Miss Robin and Meteos went to Runes Valletta this morning and won't come back until night," Walman said.

"Oh... I see..." Nadia said dejectedly.

The brunette scratched his head and remembered something.

"Hey, if you want to say something to him, just tell me. I will use this to tell him."

Walman pulled a black rectangular object from his bag, an Aikon 117A grimoire, the improved version of the one sent to him before, this time included clock function and with the installation of transmission tower around the city, he can communicate with Meteos who was many kilometers away.

"Well... um... actually I just wanted to say hi, after all, it's been a while..."

"Alright," Walman shrugged as he typed to his grimoire.

"Wait, is that the new device I keep hearing about? Isn't that supposed to be released next month? So why are you having it now?" Annette interjected.

Walman looked up from his grimoire and answered noncommittally.

"Eeh, perks of being a developer, I guess."

"Oh, right..."

Nadia sighed, "I guess I'll just return to the dorms right now, see you later, Walman," she said before walking away with a noticeable sourer mood than before, followed by her two friends who keep glancing at her worriedly.

"Hm."

The brunette's usual attitude does not help improve her mood at all.

-----------------------

14:32

Oi

Nadia's looking for you

She said hi

14:36

Really? Sorry, I'm busy rn

Tell her Meteos said hi

14:36

Too late

She's already left

Why don't you buy her a grimoire or something