Chapter 78: As You Are Gaius, I am Gaia

Caleomens (Month 6) 17, 1616 Central Calendar, 20:00

Arden District, Runepolis, Holy Milishial Empire

Truly, since he started to expand the scale of utilizing his gift and inherited memories, the passage of time felt like zipping by Meteos akin to a whirlwind. The christening of the Orphan Wolf Legend, the introduction of the Gamma-1 bomber, and the birth of the White Lotus felt like separated by a period of not months but mere days. And before he knew it, the heat clinging to him during the day reminded him that it was already the sixth month, half the journey through Year 1616.

Though the White Lotus needed to be tended to, an auspicious day demanded different attention from Meteos and the rest of his family, who had juggled their responsibilities with the feverish anticipation of this event for a long time now. As a result, before they resumed their activities later, the family delegated their duties to their trusty deputies and went to hold the wedding ceremony between the Roguerider and Legendorga families. After a period of betrothal, Meteos' eldest brother, Adonis, finally got to marry Adel, Count Legendorga's second daughter as soon as both of them reached 20 years of age.

After both families had agreed to a marriage, and the consent of the parents was given, the marriage contract was drawn up and signed by both parties. Subsequently, the wedding day was scheduled according to the groom's choice, in accordance with the customs of the Caelian cultural group, at the Legendorga family's home.

"Ubi tu Gaius, ego gaia," and "Ubi tu Gaia, ego Gaius."

Such were the vows exchanged by the groom and bride as they stood before a priest and held hands.

And then, after a grand celebratory banquet that followed, Meteos, flanked by his older siblings, friends, and other guests, watched the scene unfolding before them. Adonis, clad in a pristine white toga, wrestled Adel away from her protesting mother's grasp, while the bride herself let out cries of distress as her new husband began to pry her away. It left one pondering about the expression hidden beneath her bridal veil, which complemented her flowing white robe.

---

Relax, that was a part of the aforementioned Caelian cultural group's wedding ceremony, and this was essential to the completion of the marriage, so it could not be omitted. Following the dinner party, the bride would be escorted to the groom's home, but in order to do so, the groom has to stage a kidnapping of the bride in order to ensure that the household gods wouldn't perceive the bride as willingly leaving them. And as tradition dictated that the Caelians simulated the bride being abducted from her family, the bride must cry out in pain as she was herded along the route to her new house in the San Redentore District. Anyone could join the procession, and many people did, just for fun.

A modern twist to this tradition is observed among modern Caelians, including the residents of Runepolis, which included a convoy of cars. As the entire procession paraded to the groom's house, flower petals were thrown by the participants. Meteos took part by riding in the backseat of the groom's car and holding a torch, while Cyrus and Ace offered support to their new sister-in-law by accompanying her arm in arm.

When the procession reached the groom's house, Adonis led the way inside. Following him, Adel entered and performed the ritual of smearing the doorway with sheep's wool covered in oil and fat. This act symbolized that the bride would have no protective deities until she arrived at her new home. Prior to stepping into her new abode, the bride repeated the consent chant once more. Then, she was carried over the threshold by her husband, and the doors were closed to the general public, while guests were invited in for another banquet to end the day.