Chapter 75: Eyes Open, Temple of Heaven

Arbormens 22, 1616 Central Calendar, 20:00

Cartalpas, Carthinia Province, Holy Milishial Empire

Commencing on the 24th, the Eleven Countries Leadership Conference is scheduled to span the entire last week of the month. The initial portion will be dedicated to meetings by diplomats, succeeded by a high-level meeting of foreign ministers from each participating nation to deliberate and determine key international policies. But before the intense discussions that hold the potential to significantly influence known world affairs for years could begin, the event will first kick off in style on the 23rd, marked by a ball and welcoming ceremony at the Imperial Cultural Center, a building of grandeur and opulence situated to the north of the main city that also served as the same venue as the conference sessions.

Fueled by the world conference, nights during that week would be pulsing with life, especially near the harbor district where a festival-like atmosphere was prevailing within sight of the moored fleets from the participating countries. Groups of diplomats, officials, and even sailors from various nations could thus be seen wandering through the festivities, taking in the sights and sounds of the bustling harbor in attires reflecting the diverse cultures and backgrounds represented at the upcoming conference.

For the four figures standing atop a rooftop overlooking the harbor district, the sounds of laughter and music from the festivities around them drifted up to them, but their attention was fixed on the lone dilapidated sailing ship moored near the Rieman fleet at the spot designated for the Third Civilization Area countries. Meteos, Ace, Robin, and a red-haired elf calling herself Nova, the disguised persona of Princess Lugiel who arrived in Cartalpas shortly after the Rogueriders, were gathering before making their move.

Flying a dark orange flag with a white design combining an avian and an eye in the center, this ship hailed from the Annonrial Empire, a magical civilization of the southern world that came here in the Eleven Countries Leadership Conference as its sole representative. Despite its distant location from the civilized areas, rumors abounded regarding the Empire's purported dominance over the southern continent. However, as no outsider had ever set foot on the Annonrial Empire to verify these claims, they remained speculative. The Empire's strict isolationist policies confined interactions with outsiders solely to their northernmost territory of Bushpaka Latan Island. Being labeled as a 'barbarian' nation, their presence at the conference was largely disregarded by other attendees who viewed them merely as token participants. Their inclusion, orchestrated by the Holy Milishial Empire in an attempt to make the conference appear as a true "international event involving all countries," is a mistake in hindsight.

After all, the Annonrial Empire was not being truthful in their self-presentation, and what they concealed is a matter of concern not just for the Holy Empire's national security but also for the future of Ars Goetia.

The Princess in charge of intelligence matters was overjoyed to discover that the Order of the Ancients' Person of Interest was a seer with the gift of future visions, seeing it as an even more valuable asset they could use to the Holy Empire's advantage. However, the Person of Interest's vision extended far beyond the boundaries of the Middle Lands, envisioning a better world that surpassed even the Order of the Ancients' pledge that ended the Warring Kingdoms period. Impressed by the magnitude of this vision, Lugiel decided to lend Meteos Roguerider's cause her branch's expertise in intelligence matters. Her decision stemmed not only from shared interests but also from her admiration for his determination, making her the fourth Magister to do so after Enepsigos the Revealer of the Voice, Eblis the Summoner of the Left Arm, and Tephras the Guardian of the Heart.

---

The aforementioned Magisters resided in Runepolis, and what actually happened was that four of the seven branches of the Order became Meteos' allies seemingly without resistance due to their souls being touched by Meteos' Illusion Magic: Temple of Heaven, a technique derived (corrupted) from the concept of Common Destiny used by the founders of Attarsamain to achieve a prosperous world. With the Desire Driver and paramita to mitigate his weakness as a young human with limited mana reserves, Meteos seemed to have the technique's strain covered, except the greatest weakness of the technique lay not within the physical limitations but the presence of an overseer. Luckily for Meteos, since he only ever used his almost reality-bending technique strictly for 'business purposes,' there's not enough reason for the First Horseman of the Apocalypse to kill the brat.