Chapter 21: New Way of Reading Spells

Gelumens (Month 11) 3, 1614 Central Calendar, 10:12

MOASEC, Aerial System Development Facility

It is another morning for the Ministry of Ancient Sorcerous Empire Countermeasures personnel, the first day after the weekend, where they will go for their job in what can be considered the most elite and influential of all government offices in the Holy Milishial Empire. Naturally, they were all filled with pride, but they did not forget that they carried the expectations of their families and relatives, and thus strive to give their all in their job.

However, due to certain mismanagement by their leader, the Ancient Ministry's employees were now forced to literally give their all, mind, body, and soul, to finish their new project, and they are blaming him for it.

Yes, Director Arsene Lippin will never live it down.

Among them were some personnel for whom the word 'vacation' was no longer exists in their dictionary. One such person, Emilia Giovanna, is a half-elven head of the section in charge of the development of the new Heavenly Vessel's engine within the facility. As a woman in her early 40s, she was still considered a young adult by her race's standards. Her hair was arranged in a bun with slightly curly bangs framing both sides of her face and partially concealing her pointed ears, a mark of her elven heritage. However, there is a strand of fiery red hair on Emilia's left bang that stood out among her lustrous golden locks. Whether it was natural or dyed, no one really knows, but it sure made her look remarkable.

She started her work for the day by going to the office to check her subordinates, and what she found was that they were running frantically like headless chickens. And as she walked through the corridor to go back to her office room to sort her thoughts...

"Ah, there she is! Emmy~!"

A female voice called out from afar. There is only one person who called Emilia by that name, so she chuckled while shaking her head slightly before turning in the direction where the voice came from. And there she is, her colleague Robin, waving at Emilia with a big smile on her face, and behind her, there is a shorter boy with silver hair... carrying something long and cylindrical on his back. Emilia waved at them as they approached her.

"Morning, Emmy," Robin chirped. It seems that she is in a good mood this morning.

Beside her, the silver-haired boy, one of Robin's Apprentice Mages named Meteos Roguerider bowed lightly at her.

"Good morning, Miss Gio—I mean, Miss Emilia."

Emilia was one of Robin's close friends that were introduced to Meteos and Walman on their first days in the MOASEC. Since Robin allowed them to call her by her first name, so did Emilia.

"Good morning to you too, Robin, and Young Meteos. So, what's up? You look happy today."

"Yeah, we have some good news for you," Robin answered before gesturing to Meteos.

"Here is the blueprint for the new engine, please take a look at it."

"What, really? You have finished already?"

When Emilia inquired them in a slightly surprised tone, Meteos nodded and unslung the large plastic tube, handing it to her. As she received the tube and slung it on her right shoulder, the blonde can feel the weight of the tube, which was fully extended to the point it was nearly as tall as Meteos himself.

"Yes. With the help of Miss Robin and the others' experience, it's possible to—"

"Kid took one look at our old engine research documents and instantly understood what to do! It's incredible! We are also lucky that the engines are so similar—although it's still weird for me, but it saves us a lot of time!"