Chapter 41-X: P[R]OL[OGUE] - The Man Called Rogue

Previously on P[R]OL[OGUE]:

"In an attempt to achieve an improved sleep quality, Meteos Roguerider, a young engineer of the Holy Milishial Empire, has consumed the Angel Fruit and was brought to a lucid dream caused by the fruit's mystical power. However, his dream was truly the most bizarre of the bizarre. A vision of himself, confronted by the torment of a malicious god, transformed into an armored warrior called Kamen Rider Rogue and proceeded to fight desperately for the sake of his survival and his chance to reincarnate in another life. Was this a mere dream? Or was this a glimpse of something else...?"

-----------------------

"Hmm? Are you mentally broken already?"

"........."

"Whatever. Finish him."

Monster GM Rider lifted a weakly struggling Kamen Rider Rogue and propped him up, while another GM Rider, Magnum, took up the position as an executioner with his gun at the ready.

"This is where a dream ends! You mortals just should go and be the monkeys to keep us entertained!"

BANG!

'I don't want this, please... stop!'

"Hm?"

In that split second, just after the energy bullet left the Magnum Shooter 40X's muzzle, the transformed Star God Kagaseo, Kamen Rider Glare-X, looked up, having sensed a buildup of divine energy from somewhere in this dreamscape. It was very faint, but he can still sense it, making Glare-X somewhat giddy with anticipation. In response, he abruptly, but subtly, waved his fingers just as the energy bullet was about to hit Rogue.

A golden comet emerged from out of nowhere and intercepted the bullet only several steps in front of Rogue and Monster, engulfing them in a fiery explosion. In the ensuing shockwave, Rogue managed to break free from Monster's chokehold and fell sprawling on the floor. For the umpteenth time, the transformed Grand Mage felt greatly disoriented, this time from the point-blank explosion that suddenly occurred in front of him.

"W-what just happened...?" he croaked, clutching his helmeted head.

Secret Mission Clear!

"Survive for 02:00 minutes."

An emotionless female voice was heard announcing the completion of something throughout the arena. It was then that an object giving a faint golden glow emerged from the smoke in the aftermath of the explosion, drawing Rogue's eyes to it.

"Huh... what an unexpected turn of events. Looks like you're not going to die yet!" Glare-X sing-songed. Seeing Rogue still staring at that object, he then barked at the depowered zombie crocodile-themed Rider. "Hey, you! Hairless ape!"

"Grk!" Rogue responded with a start, bracing for another beatdown.

Under his breath, he scathingly commented that this god can't even be consistent with terminology. First a monkey, then an ape. There are differences between the two, and this fact greatly irked Meteos Roguerider's scholarly mind. But then again, Kagaseo was a god. Deities normally possess powers that defy the common sense of men, so they might as well do whatever they want. Kagaseo even talked in modern-day slurs, which was a far cry from the dignified tone that the depictions of deities in media would use.

But then again, Kagaseo was a god—and a rebel one, at that.

However, those hits never came. Instead, Glare-X nonchalantly spoke to Rogue while his enslaved Riders stood by nearby.