1

(Chaeryeong POV)

Final year, I'm now a senior at Hanlim Arts. These past years have gone by in a flash, way quicker than it was supposed to. And I'm expecting this year to go by even quicker.

I walk into the school with Ryujin, Yuna had left earlier than us so she should be here by now. Like usual being an idol during school years means all eyes on you as you walk in.

It's nice to know that we have recognition but sometimes it's too much to handle. For example if it's Ryujin's birthday, everyone would be bombarding her with gifts and birthday wishes. Not saying that it's a bad thing but it's overwhelming sometimes.

I go over to the vending machine to get banana milk for myself and Ryujin. There are quite a few people around, they stop and stare every now and then but I'm used to it by now.

"We're finally seniors Chae, how does it feel?" Ryujin turns to me as she pokes the straw into the milk.

"I still can't believe we're going to graduate this year.." I say slowly.

Ryujin nods and replies, "you also promised that you were going to confess to her when we graduate." She smiles at me.

I sigh and reply, "I don't even know if I can confess to her she's just--" I was cut off when I heard a familiar voice behind us.

"Confess to who Chae?"

I turn to see Y/n and Yuna standing there smiling behind us.

I quickly reply, "n-nobody that you need to know.."

Yuna raises her eyebrow at me, "you're sounding really suspicious unnie~"

Y/n laughs and smiles, "I agree with the tall baby."

"It was nothing, you guys don't have to worry about it." Ryujin says firmly.

Only god knows how fast my heart is beating. I was nearly caught exposing my feelings in front of my crush and I'm trying my best not to turn red because of embarrassment.

"Hmm okay sure.." Y/n says slowly looking my in the eyes.

"Whatever then, you guys are weird, let's go visit your other friends Y/n unnie." Yuna smiles and basically drags Y/n with her somewhere else.

Once they're out of sight I let out a sigh of relief. That was awfully close, way too close for comfort.

Ryujin turns to me with her eyes wide, "that was very close."

I instantly rest my head on her shoulder, "Ryujin, I can't do this anymore. She's driving me crazy.."

Ryujin laughs and pats my back, "Chaer, you can't give up now. You said how happy she makes you and how much she means to you."

"I know.. But the fact that she's a close friend of ours makes it even worse because I see her more often. I don't even think she likes me like that.." I say slowly.

"Even if she doesn't just confess to her when we graduate, it's one thing to get off your chest." Ryujin says gently pushing me away from her.

I sigh, "I don't know.."

-

The first 2 lessons already went by, I unluckily don't share a class with Ryujin but I share a class with none other than Y/n, Kang Y/n.

Y/n is a popular girl in our year or even in the whole school. She is known for her kind personality and because of her older sister who's an idol Kang Seulgi, member of the group Red Velvet.

Those are some of the reasons to her popularity but also because of her stunning visuals. She has some visuals that you just can't stop staring at. She had quite a few people confess to her throughout the school years but she had always politely rejected them all.

And of course, I am one of those people who have a crush on her but the only difference is that she is my close friend. Which one might argue, makes it even worse for me as I constantly see her, which is to some extent true. But it's the fact that I have a friendship at risk if she doesn't like me back.

My attention is brought back to reality when I hear the door suddenly open, I turn to the door to see Y/n walking back into the classroom.

I make eye-contact with her and she smiles as she walks over to me taking her seat in front of me.

She turns around in her chair to face me and she moves to take one of my earphones out my ear and she smiles once more.

"I haven't had a chance to catch up with you yet. How have you been?" She asks.

I take off my other earphone so my full attention is on her. "I'm doing good, I didn't do much on the break apart from study and practice.."

She nods slowly and like natural she holds my hand intertwining her fingers with mine. "Must be hard to balance studies and idol-life together.."

I nod slowly and she gives me a hopeful smile, "if you need help with studying I can help you."

In which I reply, "o-oh then maybe when I need help I'll consider it.." Great job, stuttering right in front of her, how embarrassing.

"It would be fun and maybe sometime you can show me your dancing, since I've never actually seen you dance." She smiles.

I laugh nervously, "we'll see Y/n.."

"Ah seriously, I would love to see you dance before we leave." She replies.

"You've seen my stages, so that should be enough right?"

"Yeah.. But it's different when it's in person and on screen," Y/n says as she leans on my desk, "anyways I just know you'll be amazing."

"Thanks.." I reply slowly, purposefully avoiding her gaze.

Y/n lets go of my hand, I still feel her staring right at me.

"Chaery? Are you okay?" I hear her say as she lifts my chin with her fingers making me look at her.

I nod hesitantly, I feel my heart start to beat out my chest as she stares at me.

"Y-yeah.. I'm fine." I try to keep my cool, she smiles and keeps her eyes locked with mine as we both hear a familiar voice grab our attention.

"Oh? Y/n unnie, are you flirting with Chaeryeong?" We both turn to see Yuna behind Ryujin as they walk in the classroom.

Y/n scoffs as she rolls her eyes, "well, who wouldn't flirt with Chaery?"

"So you were flirting with her?" Yuna excitedly runs up to us with a bright smile plastered on her lips.

"And what if I was?" Y/n stands up to match Yunas height.

"Well you can't because she's mine," Ryujin interrupts.

Y/n walks over to me bringing her chair along with her sitting next to me as she places her arm around my waist pulling me close.

"She's mine, if you can't tell." Y/n says confidently.

I try to speak up but I'm at a loss for words, I'd never thought my heart could go this fast.

Y/n leans her head on my shoulder still holding me close as I heard her say, "isn't that right Chaery?" In which I just nod my head slowly in response.

"See? She's mine."

- Written By Dest1iny
- 1230 words