20

(Year 2022, February)

Y/n, twenty-one years of age. Has an older sister and brother, is five foot seven. And still has a girlfriend, although, I think it's slightly complicated between us.

"Miss Kang, the filming begins in thirty minutes!" I hear my director say.

That's right, I'm now an actress. I had my debut last year not as a lead but as the lead actresses best friend. Still quite a big role for my debut but it really did pay off.

Preparing to become an actress is harder than I thought, I've learnt so many new skills, like learning how to ride a motorbike and drive a car, how to skateboard and even play an instrument.

Most of these were because I had to for my role in the series' I'm in, but it also helped me discover new possible hobbies, which is always a bonus.

There was a quiet knock at my dressing room door before I answered, telling the person to come in.

"Miss Kang.. There's someone here to visit you?"

"Visit me?" I look towards the staff and they nod slowly in reply as the door opens wider.

Is it Chaeryeong? One of the Itzy girls? My sister? Who decided to visit me during this time?

"Hey~ Kang Y/n!!" I hear a very familiar bubbly voice at the door.

After seeing her face I instantly recognise it and could never forget it.

Yunjin.

"Yah.. you-- w-what are you doing here?" I try to put my words together.

"What do you mean what am I doing here? Is that what you say after two years?" She laughs, "give me a hug!!" Yunjin opens her arms wide as she runs over to me embracing me tightly.

Still in shock I'm frozen in place.

She lets go of me before laughing, "yah. Are you okay?" She shakes me by the shoulders gently.

I nod slowly, "you don't seem like it?" She raises an eyebrow.

"I- I just don't get it.. h-how.. w-why? what are you doing here?" I ask once more.

Yunjin rolls her eyes, just as sassy as before, "okay so. Long story short, I was contacted by Hybe for a contract, I'd be in the lineup for their new group debuting this year!" She said excitedly.

"Wait you're debuting? Hold on! Too much is happening and my shoot is starting in like 15 minutes." I say quickly.

"Yep, you heard it right. I'm debuting." She says proudly.

"Well I told you that you could do it." I say confidently.

"I know you did and I'm glad you supported me." She smiles brightly, "now I have like soo many questions for you."

I scoff, seeing that she hasn't changed one bit, "go ahead."

"First... You and miss Lee Chaeryeong, are you guys still a thing? Because I remember how much you cared about her." Yunjin said.

"Yeah we are.. it's just a bit hard right now." I say slowly.

"Oh? Why's that? Did you fight or..."

"No no.. It's just that we're so busy we barely have time for eachother, only a few phone calls or texts every now and then." I sigh.

"Ahh I see.. I mean it makes sense since you both have your jobs now" she say slowly, "anyways, how about your career? I can see that your doing, something." She laughs.

"Oh, my whole acting career thing?" I look at her and she nods happily, "it's been so fun recently thanks for asking, I'm learning new things, meeting new people. It's honestly amazing." I reply.

"That's good Y/n," Yunjin smiles.

"Now I've got some questions for you." I say.

"Go ahead, hit me~" she says dramatically.

I playfully hit her arm and she laughs, "I didn't mean it literally Kang Y/n!"

"I know I know.." I roll my eyes, "you're so dramatic that's why.." I scoff.

"And that's why I'm your friend." She wiggles her eyebrows.

She really hasn't changed one bit has she?

"God.." I sigh, "anyways, when did you come back here?"

"Like.. last year August or late July?" She says looking around.

"And you didn't bother to see me until now?" I say surprised and slightly offended.

"What?? I've been busy.. With practice and recording and more practice, you know how idols work in this industry." Yunjin says.

"Right right I know.." I reply slowly, "then.. do you know when you'll--"

"Miss Kang, about ten minutes!" I hear a voice from the other side of the closed door.

"I should get ready." I say getting up from my seat.

"No, no problem." She laughs, "we can catch up soon again." Yunjin smiles.

"Definitely." I reply.

"Ooh before I forget, give me your phone." She says as I hand her my phone. Yunjin types a few things before handing it back to me.

"I changed my number but it's on there now, so we can stay in contact." She winks playfully at me, "now I'll go now, have fun Y/n~" she waves at me as she leaves the room.

I shake my head at her bubbly behaviour as I pick up my phone to see that she saved her number and name as, 'huuhhh yunjin 😎😎'. along with a photo of herself:

Yep she really hasn't changed one bit

Yep she really hasn't changed one bit. I put my phone down and go over to exit my dressing room, my stylists quickly walk over to me, fixing my hair, makeup and outfit before I begin to film the first few scenes.

-

"Aaand cut~ okay got work everyone, that's all we'll be filming for today. Not too much but still something, we don't want the first day to be overwhelming." The director says, "pleade go ahead and enjoy the rest of your day." He announces as the rest of the staff clap, I bow to my colleagues around me along with the lead actor I'm working with, Kim Min-kyu.

(he was in business proposal and backstreet rookie, you probably know him but like search him up if you dont :) )

"Good work Y/n, see you on monday." He says while he waves at me.

"Oh you too, see you on monday." I reply before walking back into my dressing room.

I sigh sitting on my chair as I take out my phone, checking my messages and seeing a text from Chaeryeong.

'Y/n we need to talk when do you finish filming??'

Have I done anything? Did I say anything? What is this about?

'yeah sure, i just finished right now. do you want me to come over?' I reply to her text.

'anytime, its important'

Fuck.

- Written By Dest1iny
- 1111 words