4

(Chaeryeong POV)

"Yeah Chaery, why won't you look at me?" Y/n says calmly.

I give Ryujin a glare and she just laughs, what am I even supposed to say in this moment?

Y/n is staring at me like I'm a painting or something, my heart is beating like crazy and it doesn't seem like it will stop any moment now.

I feel an arm around my shoulder before a voice speaks up, "not replying hm?"

I hesitantly look to see Y/ns arm over my shoulder as she says, "I'll take her back to class the lesson is starting soon anyway.."

Ryujin and Yuna wave goodbye as Y/n takes me back to our class.

I sit in my seat, getting ready for the lesson as our maths teacher, Mr Cha, walks in.

"Hello everyone! Hope you've had a good day so far, now let's get straight into it shall we?"

After half an hour that felt like two hours passed by our teacher decided to mark the questions that we had completed during the lesson.

"Okay first question, Sooyoung what did you get?" Mr Cha asks the girl.

"I got x is 1 or x is 4." She replies.

"Correct! We're doing quadratics so make sure you have two possible answers." He says loudly.

God his voice is really getting to me, why do teachers voices have to be so loud. Honestly at this point I'm about to fall asleep, I hate maths.

"Chaeryeong! Question two please." Mr Cha calls my name.

Completely catching me off guard my mind goes blank not knowing what to do or say.

I look down at my book trying to find the question when I hear a voice behind me, "3 and 6 Chaery."

In which I repeat slowly, "x is 3 or 6.."

"Correct, mark your work everyone!"

I exhale in relief as I turn around to see Y/n focusing on her work, I want to thank her but I should do it after the lesson, I wouldn't want to distract her.

After marking our work there was about ten minutes left of the lesson, everyone showed no interest in doing any work so Mr Cha just let us chat for the rest of the lesson.

I turn around to talk to Y/n but see her doing some work. I bite my lip deciding whether or not to talk to her.

Yet before I could say anything she speaks, "Chaery. You've been staring at me for a while, do you need anything?" She looks up from her book as she brushes her hair back.

Making eye contact with me I reply slowly, "oh.. I was just going to say thank you for earlier in class.."

I watch a smile tug at her lips, "it's no problem." She says before going back to her work.

I glance at the clock there's still about seven minutes left of the lesson and I really don't want to do any work.

Turning back around to see what Y/n is doing, she's still doing work. Since I've got nothing to do I just watch her do work.

Y/n is someone I admire - not because I have a crush on her - but because she's a well-rounded student and person overall.

She's intelligent, kind and respectful. She focuses on her studies well and doesn't hesitate to help those who need help.

Unlike some other people, they brag about their intelligence just to bring others down and make them feel bad about themselves. Those type of people I hate.