8

(Chaeryeong POV)

"Now.. Let's start!" Mr Jung shouts before blowing the whistle, the ball is tossed into the air.

I watch as Y/n jumps to tips the ball over to her side.

"Wah.. She jumps so high." Ryujin says as she's completely focussed on the game.

"I mean, she is really tall." I reply.

"She's only a few inches taller than me." Ryujin looks at me.

"She's taller than our maknae Ryujin." I sigh.

"Only by a little." Ryujin says slowly as her focus returns to the game in front of us.

It's currently a close match, Y/ns team is losing by two points. They're all shouting and running across the court. Just watching them run makes me tired.

"Who do you think will win between them?" Ryujin asks.

I glance at her, "probably.."

"Y/n's team." She says at the same time as me.

I look at her in confusion as she smiles brightly, her dimples showing as she now begins to giggle.

"How did you--"

"How did I know?" Ryujin laughs, "it's so obvious that you would choose Y/n, y'know.." Ryujin moves over to whisper in my ear, "you've got a crush on her."

"Thanks for reminding me," I roll my eyes at her and look back at the court.

"What?" Ryujin laughs again, "you would pick her over anyone in this school."

"I wouldn't over you or Yuna!" I reply defensively.

"Is it now?" Ryujin raises an eyebrow at me.

"Yes it is so Shin. Ryu. Jin." I poke her shoulder.

"Alright, I trust your words then." Ryujin shrugs.

-

A few more minutes passed, it seemed like the match was going on forever but it was only ten more minutes that had passed.

"I'm getting bored..." Ryujin whines, "when are we playing~" she stomps her feet lightly on the floor.

I can tell she's starting to get impatient, and I really don't want her to because she gets really annoying when she's like this.

I turn to Ryujin, "why don't you ask Mr Jung?"

She shakes her head, "he's on the other side.." Ryujin points to our teacher standing on the other side of the court.

"You're right, and I doubt you'll even be bothe--"

"Chaeryeong! Ball!" I hear a loud voice shout.

My eyes instantly close. I freeze in my position because of the shock that quickly rushed through my body.

I hear footsteps getting closer before I hear a thud nearby me. I slowly open my eyes to see Y/n standing in front of me with a ball in her hands.

I make eye contact with her as she looks at me with worried eyes.

"Are you okay?" She drops the ball and bends down to match my height, "are you hurt?"

"I- I'm fine.." I reply as she takes my hand.

"Are you sure?" Y/n looks at me with those same eyes, I nod to reassure her, "good." She smiles lightly.

Y/n lets go of my hand as the others gather around.

"Chaeryeong were you hit?" A girl asks.

"No no.." I reply, "I'm completely fine." I reassure them.

They sigh in relief as another girl speaks up, "I thought the ball hit you, I think we threw it too hard." They joked making everyone chuckle.

"Don't worry I'm not hurt," I smile in response.

"That's good," the girl smiles.

I see the teacher apporach us behind the girls as asks, "was anyone hurt? Chaeryeong are you okay?"

"I'm fine, thank you." I nod as Mr Jung nods back.

"Good, okay let's keep the game going! Five more minutes!" He shouts.

Everyone goes back to playing apart from Y/n who stays back for a while.

She sits next to me on the bench as she looks at me, "come here." Y/n gently turns my face to her direction.

I watch as her eyes scan my face looking at me with furrowed eyebrows, her hand gently holding my chin as she looks at my face.

"Y- Y/n, I'm completely fine." I say as she slowly removes her hand.

"I thought you got hurt, that's all.." She says slowly.

"Y/n, like I said I'm completely fi--"

"Y/n! Get back on the court!" Mr Jung shouts, in which Y/n instantly stands up and returns to the game.

"Ooh someones blushing~" I hear Ryujin tease as she nudges my arm.

"I am not!" I glare at her.

"Yeah you were.." Ryujin giggles, "your ears were turning pink and your cheeks too.." She smiles.

I sigh as I look back to watch the game. It's getting to the point where I'm starting to hate that I have a crush on Y/n. We're meant to be just friends so I shouldn't be falling in love with her.

Right? I need to keep a distance from her for a while, maybe it will fix it.

My attention was returned as Ryujin tapped my shoulder as she asked, "are you okay?"

"I'm good, I was just thinking.." I reply.

We both watch the last few minutes of the game and I couldn't help but notice Y/n constantly looking at me throughout the game.

I hear the whistle blow signifying the game had ended. I stand up as our team is about to play. As I walk towards the court, Y/n stops me by holding my arm.

I look at her before removing my arm from her hand and get myself ready to play a game.

-

"I'm absolutely tired," Ryujin sighs as she sits herself next to me on the bench.

"Me too.." I lean my head against the wall.

I can see in front of my Y/n starting to approach us, before she even sits down I excuse myself to the changing rooms as the lesson is now over.

I quickly get dressed to avoid contact with Y/n, I finish putting on my shoes and prepare to leave.

I push the door open to leave and see Ryujin and Y/n in front of me.

"Chaer--" Y/n tries to speak but I quickly walk out the room and go to my classroom.

I slide open the classroom door and sit in my seat, hearing the corridors get louder.

I go to close the door but I'm stopped when I see Yuna standing at the door.

"Unnie!" She says happily.

"Oh Yuna, need anything?" I walk back to my seat and she closes the door behind her muffling the noise.

"Nope, I'm just bored so I came to visit you." She sat on the empty desk next to mine.

"I see.." I lay my head on the desk.

"Unnie?" Yuna taps my arm, "are you okay?"

I shake my head and lift my head slowly looking at Yuna, "can I trust you not to tell Y/n?"

"A secret?" Yuna raises her eyebrows.

"Yeah." I reply

"I won't tell anyone, I promise."

- Written By Dest1iny
-1162 words