24

(Yunjin's POV)

"Care to open up?" I look at Y/n who clearly seems to be worrying about something.

She's still the exact same, she'd tend to overthink so many things and judging from how she is now, I don't think that it's changed a single bit.

Even during school she'd always bottle up her emotions and never told anyone her problems, others would ask help from her but she'd never ask help from anyone.

It's bad for her and I've mentioned that to her multiple times but it never got through to her.

She simply keeps her emotions until she breaks down, which usually means not replying to messages or anything and physically isolating herself for quite a while.

Y/n never liked speaking about when this would happen and often brushed it off, it was only something our friendship group knew about and we would never speak about it because she didn't like it.

It was taboo to speak about her sudden emotional outbursts but it only made us understand her more.

Depending on how bad whatever she was going through, she would ignore everyone for at least 2 weeks minimum.

According to Ryujin it was much worse before, you couldn't even get to her physically. As in she would be somewhere else that's not home, which made it more difficult to find her.

She could quite literally be anywhere.

It's also another reason why I think she finds it hard to fully trust people. I don't even think she fully trusts the other Itzy girls as of right now.

Don't get me wrong, during Hanlim years she was so friendly and bubbly to everyone which made her very popular, not to mention her beauty.

But she only had a small group of friends that she'd tell everything to, which I'm glad I was part of.

"Maybe another time Yunjin. But thank you." She shakes her head and walks out the kitchen.

I sigh and get myself a glass of water, which is the main reason after all why I came here.

I walk out the kitchen to see Ryujin finally awake.

She looks at me with a certain expression, tilting her head as she points towards Y/n's room.

"I don't know either." I sigh again, "I'm not sober enough to think too much about it." I reply sitting next to Ryujin on the couch.

"You think something happened while we were blacked out?"

"Maybe." I paused, "how about we ask Chaeryeong?" I look at her.

"Good idea." Ryujin says and gets up to go to Y/n's room but stops once she reaches the door, "they're both in there..."

"Are they arguing?" I turn to her concerned for whatever is happening in that room.

"I don't know, I can't hear." Ryujin replies quietly as she leans her ear against the door lightly.

After about 10 minutes of standing there, Ryujin quickly moves away from the door and jumps on the couch next to me pretending like nothing happened.

"What? What happe--" my question was answered as I saw Y/n walk out with an emotionless face.

"Going for a drive, I'll be back in a bit." She stated coldly, it was like a cold breeze just rushed past us as she walked by.

"Okay, take care." Ryujin said calmly before the door closed.

We both looked at eachother with the same look, eyes wide open with knitted eyebrows.

We sat on the couch for a few minutes deciding or not if we shoukd ask Chaeryeong about it.

When we decided we would, I decided to muster up the courage.

"Chaeryeong?" I voiced out as we both got up and walked to Y/n's door to the bedroom.

"Yeah?"

"Can we come in?" I asked and heard a hum in response so I opened the door to see her sitting on the bed.

"What happened?" I asked the fox eyed girl.

"Nothing." She said, "we were just talking.."

"Just talking? Why did Y/n walk out?" Ryujin asked, clearly confused.

There was silence for a few minutes that felt like an hour, it wasn't helping the large amounts of tension floating in the room right now.

"I just said something that I shouldn't have." Chaeryeong says slowly before look up at me, giving me a guilty smile, "sorry Yunjin."

"Why are you apologising?" I asked confused, "what did you say?"

"Can you guys give us a bit of space." I hear a voice behind.

I know it's Y/n, who else would it be.

"Sure." I reply, dragging Ryujin out with me as Y/n shuts the door behind.

Ryujin looks at me in confusion.

"I'm just as clueless as you." I shake my head.

Ryujin opened her mouth to speak but stopped when we heard their voices in the room, they were much louder than we thought, especially in such a quiet house.

"How could you think.... just a friend"

Parts were inaudible at points, but we heard bits and pieces of it.

"I don't know... I know it's wrong but..."

"You trust that..."

"Nothing will-- between us..."

"I know that."

"It's the fact that..."

"Is that why you--"

Then it was just muffled talking from there, until we heard Y/n loud and clear.

"Then what is the problem then!!"

Silence fell upon the household.

"I don't think we should be here." Ryujin said and I nodded in agreement, we were about to get ready to leave before the door opened once again.

Y/n shut the door and stood in front of it, looking at the floor.

"Y/n?" Ryujin called our hesitantly.

Y/n took a deep breath before looking up at us, "yeah?"

"You good?" Ryujin asks slowly.

"Yeah yeah... just a lot of, emotions." She says slowly.

"Need some time to yourself?" I ask her and she nods.

"That would be great, thanks." She smiles lightly.

"Of course, we'll be out in 2 minutes." I reply gathering my things together.

Ryujin and I left the place after saying goodbyes to Y/n and telling her to take care.

Both of us decided to get a coffee to gateher our thoughts and just think what the hell just happened.

"Who were they talking about?" I look at Ryujin.

"Well.. based on what I heard and what Chaeryeong said earlier, I take it that it's you or one of the Itzy girls." Ryujin says slowly whilst sipping her coffee.

"Me?"

"Mhm." She hums.

"What did I do?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Just as clueless as you are Yunjin." Ryujin sighs.

- Written By Dest1iny