9

(Chaeryeong POV)

"I won't tell anyone, I promise." Yuna holds out her pinky finger.

I hesitantly lock fingers with her and take a deep breath before telling her. I glance around the room, double checking if anyone is here, it's still empty.

"I have a crush on Y/n.." I say slowly.

Yuna looks at me with a smile on her face as she begins to laugh, "unnie."

"What?"

"You think I don't know?" Yuna laughs and leans back in her seat.

"Did Ryujin tell you or something?" I look at her confused.

"No~" she stops laughing, "I can just see it."

"What do you mea--"

"The way you look at her, the way you turn a slight pink colour when she gets too close." Yuna holds my hand, "I'm more observant than you think unnie.."

"I think I've realised that by now Yuna.." I reply slowly.

Yuna laughs at my reaction then she says, "so what are you going to do?" I shrug my shoulders at her, "are you going to tell her."

"No." I look at her, "I've decided to give her the cold shoulder for now.."

"The col-- unnie why?" She looks at me slightly concerned.

"Because.."

"Because of what unnie?" Yuna pouts.

"Just because," I scoff, "why? Is it mean?"

"Yes unnie, Y/n overthinks a lot and you know that." Yuna replies.

"We'll see then," I smile and shrug my shoulders, I hear the door open revealing Y/n and Ryujin together.

"You guys seems like you were talking about a secret," Ryujin raises her eyebrows, "what is it~"

"It's nothing unnie," Yuna responds.

"Sure it was.." Ryujin sighs, "anyways you know we have practice after school right?"

"I know.." Yuna sighs, "I wanted to go home and rest."

"I think we all wanted to do that Yuna," Ryujin scoffs making us all laugh.

"Do you have any plans after school unnie?" Yuna looks towards Y/n.

"Hmm, I don't think so.." Y/n says slowly.

"Ah lucky." Yuna says while pouting shortly before her eyes widen slightly, "oh right, Yeji unnie told me that she really wants to meet you." Yuna smiles.

"Oh really?" Y/n tilts her head.

"Yep.." Yuna smiles, "I think she told me over text the other day, I was supposed to tell the other unnies but I forgot."

"Then if I get bored I'll swing by," Y/n says briefly.

"Sounds fun!" Yuna smiles brightly, "right unnies?" She looks at Ryujin and I.

"Oh right, yeah." Ryujin laughs, "I wasn't paying attention but Y/n visiting us for practice sounds nice."

I sit on my seat as I begin to stare into space, like I wasn't doing it while they were talking.

People walk in and out the classroom, yet it gets louder as time passes by. I don't mind the noise, as long I get time to myself, which is spacing out.

-

(Y/n POV)

Class is about to start, I glance behind me to see Chaeryeong still staring out the window.

I'd want to ask her if she's okay but she's been ignoring me and avoiding me for the whole day so far. It led me to the decision to give her space for a few days.

If that's what she really needs.

Maybe I won't visit the girls after school at all.

-

It's lunch time, I wanted to ask Chaeryeong if she wanted to come with me to get the girls but she had just left the room.

Thinking that she was going to meet Ryujin, I decided to go to Yunas class.

I climbed a few flights of stairs before walking down the corridor filled with younger students.

They all glanced at me as I walked past, hearing them talk but didn't bother to listen to what they were saying.

I approached Yunas classroom and opened the door, sliding it open to be met with familiar eyes in front of me.

"Unnie!" Yuna smiles and hugs me, "what are you doing here?"

"I was gonna ask if you want to get lunch with me since Chaeryeong and Ryujin went already." I reply.

"Yeah sure, I can come!" Yuna links her arms with mine and we walk towards the cafeteria.

We both decided to get sandwiches so we can sit in a quieter place.

Yuna guided me to a few benches that were in a nice, peaceful area.

"Yuna, do you know why Chaeryeong's been ignoring me today?" I turn to Yuna.

It's better to get straight to the point, and ask her while I can, because she is quite close to Chaeryeong.

Yuna looks around before replying, "no.. Why?"

"She's been ignoring me the whole day and I have no idea what I did wrong?" I say slowly, "I mean a ball nearly hit her face but I didn't throw it at her."

"Maybe she just wants space or something." Yuna replies.

"That's what I was thinking, but why would she all of a sudden?" I sigh leaning back on the bench.

"Not sure unnie," Yuna says, "stress from practice? Or maybe something personal?"

"Maybe.." I sigh, I open my mouth to speak again but Yuna cuts me off.

"Oh!" She holds up her phone, "Yeji unnie texted me!"

"What did she say?" I look towards Yuna.

Yuna taps her screen a few times before replying to me, "she said she was looking forward to see you if you're coming later." Yuna smiles brightly.

"Ahh, you told her that I'll visit you guys later?"

Yuna nods her head, "yup!" She puts down her phone on the bench between us and she continues to eat her sandwich.

"Is she really that excited to see me?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"I think it's because we showed a picture of you to Lia unnie and Yeji unnie, and she found you really pretty." Yuna said.

"Oh really?" I replied, what I'm hearing now is unbelievable. Yeji of Itzy, is excited to see me.

How lucky am I?

"There you are." A girl walking uo to us says whilst looking at Yuna.

The girl seems like she's about Yunas age, she makes eye contact with me and bows towards me in which I do the same.

"Why? Why did you need me?" Yuna looks at the girl.

"Mr Son said he needed to talk to you about something." The girl said.

Yuna glanced at me, I shook my head and spoke, "it's okay Yuna, you can go." I laugh, "I'll be fine here."

"Are you sure unnie?"

"Yes yes, I'll be fine.." I nod, reassuring her, "now go. Your teacher is probably waiting for you."

Yuna nods and gets up, following the girl back into the building, I look down at the bench to see Yunas phone still there.

I quickly pick it up but as I look up to where they went, they're already gone.

I should just keep it safe with me and hand it back to her when I see her.

- Written By Dest1iny