7

(Author POV)

The girls gathered downstairs at the table with the food prepared on the table. They all take their seats and begin to eat.

"So Y/n, how did the study session go?" Seulgi looks at her sister.

"All good, Chaery studied well and--"

"Chaery?" Chaeyeon looks at Y/n teasingly, "are you guys a couple or something?"

Chaeryeong quickly turns pink before going wide eyed as she looks at Y/n beside her.

"U-unnie! We're not together!" Chaeryeong defends herself.

"Oh? You guys would look cute together though.." Chaeyeon pouts.

"Yeah that's what I thought aswell." Seulgi smiles.

"Unnie!" Y/n glares at her sister.

"What? I was just sayin-- no we were just saying.." Seulgi scoffs.

"Anyways.. Chaery is just a nickname for her, nothing special." Y/n continues to eat her food.

"Hmm okay okay..." Chaeyeon nods slowly.

-

(Time skip to morning)

Y/n had arrived quite early to school, there were other students around but the hallways were mostly empty.

She decided to get some snacks before class started. Y/n bought a few cookies and two lollipops for herself.

"Y/n?" She heard a voice behind her as she took the food from the counter after paying.

Y/n turned around to see Ryujin walking into the building.

"Oh? Ryujin." Y/n smiles, "why are you so early?"

"I can say the same thing to you, I read the time wrong so I left earlier.." Ryujin yawned, "I regret it, I'm still so tired."

Ryujin went over to Y/n leaning her head on Y/ns shoulder as she complained once more, "I've got practice today aswell.."

Y/n gently pat her back as she comforted her, "it's okay.. Well it's not really okay." Y/n paused and Ryujin moved away to look at her weirdly, "I meant it as in, you'll get over it." Y/n smiles awkwardly.

"Yeah, I get you." Ryujin laughs.

They both walk to Ryujins class, Y/n decides to stay with Ryujin for a bit until it starts to fill up.

"So, how did the study date go?" Ryujin looked at Y/n.

"All good, I found out Seulgi unnie was good friends with Chaeyeon unnie so that's that.." Y/n said.

"Oh really?" Ryujin raises her eyebrows as Y/n nods, "so you guys were bound to meet somehow.." Ryujin teases, earning a playful hit from Y/n.

"What? It's true!" Ryujin laughs, "you guys are soulmates now!"

"Yeah okay, whatever.." Y/n rolls her eyes.

As the two continue to talk, time passes and the classroom starts to fill up.

Y/n glances at the clock at the front of the room and slowly gets up, "I should leave, class is starting in ten minutes.."

"Yep.. Go ahead," Ryujin says as she watches Y/n stand up and heading for the door before she's stopped by a boy.

"Excuse me? Who are--" Y/n looks up to see a familiar face, it's Minjun.

"Y/n~ I haven't seen you around." He smiles, "how have you been?"

Y/n rolls her eyes before replying bluntly, "I've been busy with school work."

Ryujin gets up to support Y/n, attempting to get rid of him and push him away from her.

Ryujin puts her arm over Y/ns shoulder before speaking, "Choi Minjun. I'm asking you this once politely to stop bothering Y/n."

"Or what?" He raises an eyebrow.

"I'll report you for harrassment, now stop this." Ryujin states firmly.

Minjun sighs, "I haven't even done anythi--"

"Well you're clearly making her uncomfortable so leave." A voice from behind Minjun says boldly.

He turns around making eye contact with Chaeryeong glaring at him.

Minjuns eyes widen slightly before stepping away, "O- okay, I'm sorry.." He bows, "I won't bother her again.." He bows again to apologise and walks away.

"Oh, great timing Chaeryeong." Ryujin smiles at the girl.

"I came to look for Y/n since class is starting soon and I guess I came to the right place." Chaeryeong smiles.

"That's because you're soulmates." Ryujin winks at Chaeryeong making her roll eyes at the girl, "like I said earlier Y/n sou--"

"Let's go Y/n," Chaeryeong grabs Y/ns wrist taking her back to class.

"Okay bye lovebirds!" Ryujin teases them once more.

Y/n and Chaeryeong get back to their classes and sit in their seat. The lesson begins only a few minutes later and both girls are writing away, making notes and answering questions.

The first lesson had passed by quickly, Y/n stretched her arms as she yawned already tired from the last lesson.

Y/n turned around to face Chaeryeong, "we've got sport next right?"

"Yep," the girl nods as she gets up from her seat, "apparently we're mixing with Ryujins class."

"Oh really?" Y/n gets up and follows Chaeryeong to the changing rooms.

"Yeah, it's nicer so we can gather together for break." Chaeryeong pushes the door open.

(Chaeryeong POV)

I go to an empty bench in the changing room to dress into our sports kit. Y/n takes her spot in front of me and I can't help but notice her toned body once she removed her shirt.

Eyes down Chaeryeong, where am I looking at?

I tie my laces together and tie my hair into a ponytail so it won't bother me. I look back up to see Y/n staring right at me.

"Ready?" I nod in response to her question, "let's go then."

We walk out the changing room and into the sports hall as the teacher instucted.

It's currently winter so I understand why they'd make us stay inside.

"Chaeryeong, Y/n!" I hear a familiar voice behind me.

I turn and see Ryujin waving in my direction.

"Ryujin," Y/n smiles and beckons Ryujin over.

"Our first sport lesson, what do you think we'll do?" Ryujin looks towards us.

"Maybe dodgeball?" Y/n suggests.

"I hope not, I'm not looking to be hit i the face today." Ryujin scoffs.

"Enough talking!" Mr Jung shouts, "right boys and girls today we'll be doing basketball, you should know the rules by now and what not." He pauses, "I'll put you into three teams, boys please move to the other side of the hall where Mr Son will be."

The boys move to the otherside of the hall then Mr Jung begins to separate the girls into three equal teams.

Ryujin and I are on one team, as for Y/n she's on a different team.

"I thought we get lucky and stay together," I sigh.

"Me too, I mean Y/n is athletic and competitive so she'll get along with the others easily." Ryujin scoffs.

"Ryujin! Your team will be sitting out for this game, the other two will be playing." Mr Jung announces.

We follow his instructions and sit on a bench at the side watching the game about to begin.

"Now.. Let's start!"

- Written By Dest1iny
- 1166 words