Eighteen

L Y R I CJuly 27th

L Y R I C
July 27th

"I hate this damn cast" Lyric pout as she looked down at her leg. She had just finished getting dressed for Lauryn's birthday celebration but now she just wanted to crawl in her bed and sleep the day away.

Lyric hasn't really talked to Lauryn that much, still feeling a little bit angry for her calling Lyric's parents. Her parents, more importantly her father, has been trying to get Lyric to talk to them but Lyric just..isn't ready.

"It's okay baby" Raven walked over to her and kissed her forehead softly. "Come on let me help you with your shoes" Raven said as Lyric sat down on the bed.

"I don't want to go" Lyric admit.

Raven looked up from her feet and pressed her lips together. "Well we can always stay here if you would like and maybe order in some food" She suggested as she tilted her head to the side some.

"No no I need to go. She's my best friend no matter what we fight about. I just" Lyric sighed, almost in defeat, as she looked down at her lap. "I just wish she didn't call them"

After helping Lyric put her shoes on, Raven sat back on her knees and shrugged her shoulders. "She thought she knew what was best for you babe. She just wanted you happy I guess"

"But I am happy. I'm happy with you and with our crazy and annoying friends"

Raven again shrugged her shoulders, not knowing what exactly to say. "Just try to look at it from her perspective I guess. But you do need to talk to you baby, because like you said she is your best friend."

Lyric took a deep breath and sighed.

"I know"

"Come on let's get your clutches" Raven stood up and went to grab them before helping Lyric up.

"You think I should wear my brown cardigan with this?" Lyric asked as she looked down at her long body con white dress.

"You can bring it just in case if you want" Raven said and Lyric nodded.

Lauryn is having a birthday brunch at one of her favorite food spots. She invited Lyric a few days ago and Lyric told she still would go. She wasn't going to miss her best friend's twenty first birthday.

Raven and Lyric left the home and got in Raven's car with Raven driving. Lyric leaned her head against the car window as her eyes fluttered close some.

"Did you get her a gift?" Raven asked her.

"Yeah she always wanted this perfume I use to have so I got her one. Also some clothes that I know she is going to flip over and as well some tickets to see her favorite artist"