Twenty Two

L Y R I CAugust 5th

L Y R I C
August 5th

"Why didn't you tell me you could sing" Namari said with a small pout on her soft full lips. She sat on Lyric's bed with her phone in her hands.

"What are you talking about?" Lyric asked as she brushed her hair with her nude colored brush.

"There's like three videos of you singing blowing up right now" Lauryn answered from her seat beside Mari, now looking down at her phone as well.

"Are you serious? Let me see" Royale hurried to the bed and sat on the other side of her cousin. Namari played one of the videos and Lyric frowned deeply as she recognized her voice singing Pluto Projector by Rex Orange County.

"Oh my god Lyric you're great" Royale said as the video continued playing.

Lyric thanked her and grabbed her phone from the dresser. She saw she had many notifications from instagram and twitter of people following her.

"Jesus" She breathed out.

She was receiving so much love and support from people about her videos. "Oh my fuck! Lyric this video has three million views" Lauryn screamed causing her head to
snap up in surprise.

"What!" Lyric rushed over to see Lauryn was right. Her video truly did have three million views.

"Bitch! You're famous" Royale yelled smiling at Lyric who was more in shock than anything.

"Raven is calling you" Namari said a moment later as Lyric's phone began ringing in her hand. Lyric looked down at it before answering the facetime call.

"Babe! You're trending!" Raven gushed into the phone as soon as Lyric answered.

"I know. I just found out"

"Why didn't you tell me that you posted videos of you singing" Raven looked up from the phone before she screamed at someone in the background. She then cursed in a language foreign to Lyric but Lyric chose not to comment on it.

"I was just bored one night and decided to post them. I didn't know they would blow up like this though" Lyric admit.

Namari shook her head. "Dude you literally famous right now."

"You need to post more of them" Royale commented making Lauryn and Namari nod their heads in agreement.

"Why?" Lyric asked.

"Because people obviously love hearing you sing" Raven yelled through the phone before they laughed at Lyric's question.

Lyric bit down on her bottom lip nervously and sighed. "I mean I guess" She had to admit that all of this attention on herself wasn't exactly her cup of tea. She was way out of her comfort zone and felt backed into a corner right now.