Twenty Four

L Y R I CAugust 9th

L Y R I C
August 9th

Lyric sat on the floor of her living room with her best friend Lauryn seated across from her, on the floor as well. Lyric lifted her hands to tie her hair in a makeshift bun before she folded her hands on her lap gently.

"I am done being mad at you" Lyric announced to her friend.

Lauryn's eyes widened in slight surprise before she let out a small smile. "Really?"

Lyric slowly nodded her head. "Even though I dislike your actions, I know you were coming from a good place with good intentions. So for that reason, I forgive you and I am done being mad at my best friend."

Lauryn leaned forward and wrapped her arms around Lyric who grinned, hugging her friend back. "Thank you" Lauryn chanted in Lyric's ear as she held on to Lyric tightly.

"Do not do that shit again"

"I won't" Lauryn told her and soon let her arms fall from Lyric and sat back down.

Lyric rubbed her palms on her jeans before standing up. "Come on we should do something"

"It is like close to ten in the night Lyric" Lauryn looked at the clock before looking back at Lyric who shrugged her shoulders in response.

"Who cares"

Lauryn stood up as well and stretched her limbs while Lyric went to go get herself some shoes.

"How are you and Silva? I haven't talked to him since your birthday bunch" Lyric asked Lauryn when they walked toward Lyric's car.

"We broke up" Lauryn told her causing Lyric to stop in her step and look at Lauryn in surprise.

"What!?"

"We kept arguing a lot and honestly it was too toxic for my liking so I broke up with him."

"When was this?" Lyric asked her.

"uh like two days after my birthday"

"Why didn't you say anything?"

Lauryn bit her lip and got into the passenger seat of the car. "Because honestly I wasn't really sad about it. I could see it was going to happen for a while now. The only question was really when. So when it happened, I already accepted it."

Lyric stared at Lauryn for a moment before shaking her head. She turned and started up the car while she tried to process what she just heard.