Twenty

L Y R I CAugust 1st

L Y R I C
August 1st

"I really am sorry"

Lyric sat on Raven's bed, snuggled in the warm soft covers as her cellular device was pressed against her ear.

It was Lauryn speaking.

Lyric felt it was finally time to at least talk things out, even if it wasn't in person. Lyric couldn't even do in person anyways since Silva wanted to surprise Lauryn with a birthday trip until mid august.

"I know Lauryn" Lyric told her and sighed softly. She sat in the bed and placed the phone on the bed before switching it to on speakers

"I don't know what i was thinking but I seriously thought you guys would be able to mend things and such" Lauryn tried to explain herself but Lyric was hardly listening. Her mind kept drifting to her childhood when her mother loved to show her anger and take it out on young Lyric.

"Lauryn I love you and you're my best friend but sometimes you overstep your boundaries" Lyric told her in a soft and quiet voice.

Lauryn grew quiet.

"Mommy!" Lyric screamed in tears as she yelled in pure pain. Her mother didn't listen to Lyric's pleads as she drew the belt back and yanked it back onto the young child's naked skin harshly.

"You ungrateful child!" Her mother's speech was slightly slurred but she continued her assault on Lyric, who kept screaming in pain until her throat ran dry and she couldn't even find herself to try and stop her mother anymore.

Lyric took the assault with tears streaming down her face. She didn't even know what she did that was so bad except rush to her mother to hug her when she arrived home.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing!" Her father yelled as he came back from the store after leaving his child and wife at home when she arrived home.

Lyric watched with teary eyes as her father rushed over to grab the belt out of her mother hands. "Stop this madness!" her father shouted and threw the belt across the room.

Her mother only breathed heavy as she stared down at Lyric with a hateful look on her face. Her father bent down and gathered the hurting child in his arms softly as he whispered sweet nothings in her ear.

"Get the fuck out" Her father told her mother once he faced her again.

Her mother didn't respond only stared at Lyric before she turned and left the house without a second thought.