Part 8

Boss

When will you be arriving

Me

I will be there in twenty minutes, I will not keep you waiting

Ending the conversation, I set my phone in my pocket before taking a small breath, leaving the bedroom to hear nothing but the little drizzling of the rain hitting against the windows.

Everyone was well asleep now, except me, who was planning to sneak out of the house. Of course, there might be a chance that I might not come back so I left a note on the door.

Walking downstairs, I made my way to the entrance when I heard someone opening their door. Seeing how it was dark, I used to it to my advantage and hid in the corner until the male closed the door again.

"Well, all that training paid off," I muttered to myself, unlocking the door and stepped out of the house before looking back inside.

"Either I'm coming back or not, I had a nice time here," I whispered hesitantly, with caution, closing the door before starting to run towards my destination, already been delayed with seven minutes.

Dodging several people, the splashes of shallow puddles made me feel alive, remember my first mission, to kill a man that worked for the President that Boss said he was secretly trying to get some dangerous files.

Arriving at an abandoned building, I checked that nobody was following me before opening the wooden yet shaky door. Strolling through the house, I made it to the kitchen and searched for a trap door.

Finding it, I slowly slipped inside and closed it behind me, stepping down on the ladder to reveal the dark yet illuminated hall with  guards at both sides, not paying attention to my existence.

I was shocked to, when I first came here, always thinking how can a structure like this fit under an abandoned house like that.

"Miss. Wonder, Boss is waiting for you, come this way," A quiet like lady informed me, gesturing me to follow her.

Nodding, we walked side to side until we reached a door. Boss's door. No one could go in there without his request and not get shot. It's happened in many occasions.

"Boss, Boss can I come in?" I said politely, knocking the door twice before a low voice muttered an 'of course'.

Opening the door, it revealed a large male slipping some kind of alcohol, his broad body was perfectly set on his throne like chair, his eyes bore intensely into the glass before it went to me.

"Ellie, welcome back, give me a brief report,"

"The incident on the Awards ceremony was true and mostly everyone was evacuated, the bomber must have escaped but I found this note,"

Handing it over, Boss's expression changed to be surprised, his eyebrows raising up in amusement before reading it out.

"It says 'Min Yoongi, you are lucky you are still alive and standing, next time, you wouldn't be having those legs to begin with',"

Yoongi? Like Min Yoongi? The one that I live with? What did he do to make someone this mad?

"You look like you know something, say it,"

"I only seem to know the male's identity,"

"Is that all?"

"Yes Boss,"

It was then that he sighed again before slipping the note into his pocket and taking another sip of the alcoholic beverage.

"If that is, then you can stay here for a few days-"

"Actually Boss, I'd like to explore the case more,"

The eyebrows on his head rose again at my interruption, but I took it as an indication from him that I should continue explaining.

"I happen to live close to him and talked to him yesterday, wouldn't it be more convenient for me to investigate, I can promise you that I am in my best health,"